Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 11:29 pm

Tonight, I finally gave in and installed that game on my computer and...nothing bad happened. Sure, there's a folder called DRM in the program folder, but i'm sure its not as "scary" as I thought it'd be. I see no new things in my Task Manager, and the game even runs pretty smoothly!

Now the next hurdle i'll have to cross is going back to downloading mp3s off of blogs. I mean, the blogs are usually given the mp3s by the label and all of those blogs are run by people who love music and wouldn't dare fudge an mp3 by a band they just praise to put something malicious on a music fan's computer.

Then, I'll start trading music with my friends over Mediafire and Megaupload etc. again (what I used to do was send the MP3s from a CD I like through Mediafire, give the link to a friend and then he'd send me a link with the MP3s to a CD he likes. Helpful when your friends live across the country now and they want to share the new Deerhunter album with you).

I don't know how or why I became so paranoid about the internet, but I think it has to do with some slight lagging and freezing (like you're loading a page, the load wheel stops for a teeny tiny bit, and then starts again/the page completes) when loading pages or new windows (like the Firefox download window) and i've been told time and time again, and have seen on other computers time and time again, that this is totally normal and expected behavior and that it would be abnormal if it didn't happen.