Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 10:37 pm

I try to upload another image to my avatar via the URL option, and this line of text appears, telling me the URL "contains no information." Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Here, I'll tell you how I go about this. Maybe then you'll see what I'm doing wrong.

First I google the picture I want. I click the "images" option. I click on the thumb nail of the image I want. When it shows up, I copy the URL. I go back to WP, sign in, paste the URL in the bottom prompt, and hit "upload." Then it says URL contains no information.

Any help? Thanks in advance!

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 1:01 am

You will have better luck making a Photobucket account (or other similar service), saving that picture you want from Google, uploading it and resizing to the dimensions that WP requires (I tend to just put it to 120 x 120).

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

10 Nov 2011, 4:27 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
First I google the picture I want. I click the "images" option. I click on the thumb nail of the image I want. When it shows up, I copy the URL. I go back to WP, sign in, paste the URL in the bottom prompt, and hit "upload." Then it says URL contains no information.
What Vigilans says, plus - copying the image elsewhere means you'll be able to resize it (you'll very likely need to do this anyway) and that your avatar won't suddenly vanish if the site you would have linked it to is given a makeover or goes away.