Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ablomov
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jul 2012, 12:02 pm

hello tech ppl .. does this happen often, my IE freezes and so having to use firefox which so far a week later is still fast...

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 12:09 pm

It doesn't take a tech person to know that IE is crap. Only use it if you have to.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Jul 2012, 12:12 pm

I only use IE to test if a website is truly down or is it my browser. Otherwise, IE sucks!

ablomov
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jul 2012, 12:36 pm

pse elucidate....

for me over six years IE functioned perfectly well, over a lot of web browsing.

so why did it screw up?? .. an 0 change to a 1 ?

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 12:55 pm

You have a plugin you didn't have before. It might have been installed through an exploit. Check your plugins.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 1:04 pm

Tsk, tsk. Such vitriol! Blasphemy! Actually, I use Windows 8 which uses IE 10. It's very stable and I am happy.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 1:30 pm

Agreed. There are a lot of people on this site who get totally carried away with the anti-Microsoft thing, which is kind of 14 years out of date.

I will say that the lack of standards support lasts to this day though and it frustrates developers.

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 12:31 pm

Please... Please! Switch to Chrome.
Its way better then IE or Firefox. Chrome will notify you of some phishers and other malicious sites plus its fast.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 12:42 pm

Madbones wrote:
Its way better then IE or Firefox. Chrome will notify you of some phishers and other malicious sites plus its fast.

Settle down cowboy. It's just a browser. They're all fast unless you have spyware like the OP.

Madbones
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 12:44 pm

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
Madbones wrote:

Settle down cowboy. It's just a browser. They're all fast unless you have spyware like the OP.

I Suppose... Im on a bit of a mission to switch everyone to Chrome atm :lol:

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 2:13 pm

IE always takes at least twice as long to load as Firefx or Chrome for me, and it tends to freeze and crash sometimes, especially when JavaScript is involved. I don't think I have spyware. My dad scans the computer with up-to-date virus scanning software pretty regularly...

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 2:41 pm

UnLoser wrote:
IE always takes at least twice as long to load as Firefx or Chrome for me, and it tends to freeze and crash sometimes, especially when JavaScript is involved. I don't think I have spyware. My dad scans the computer with up-to-date virus scanning software pretty regularly...

The fact that you can discern the startup time of any of your browsers says you have issues with your system.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 2:49 pm

Well, the startup time for all of my browsers is just a few seconds, but IE takes much longer to load web pages. That's what I meant by load.

ablomov
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2012, 3:55 pm

that with IE the page being viewed froze and wld not drop down or delete. also slowed down to arse achingly slow in general.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 4:37 pm

ablomov wrote:
that with IE the page being viewed froze and wld not drop down or delete. also slowed down to arse achingly slow in general.

Was it the plugin?

braiden
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jul 2012, 8:35 pm

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
You have a plugin you didn't have before. It might have been installed through an exploit. Check your plugins.

Finally, Someone who does not answer the question with "IE is crap"

PS:

IE is crap.