Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 9:21 pm

I can understand using basic frames and such but I think we are putting altogether too much on webpages these days and relying extremely heavily on flash. I think it should be mostly simple text and pictures with minimal flash so that browsing is more efficient. Thoughts?

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Loring
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jul 2012, 10:37 pm

I am a graphic designer with an abhorrence of busy web pages (and packaging and signage -- all graphic design.) I used to think it was because I have good taste. But sometimes I wonder if it's because of Asperger. But even if the latter I'm still convinced busy-ness is in bad taste, as well as being harder to navigate. We are in an era of almost total barbarism with respect to mass commercial design, as compared with a hundred or even fifty years ago. This is where my "wrong planet" feeling kicks in the hardest.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 12:02 am

i miss simple web pages without all the flash and such.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 12:54 am

I want more, and that with less. It all looks the same, and as a medium, could be better.

There is too much on a page, but not enough of one image. This should be a visual art form, but looks like the Yellow Pages with ads within ads.

Clutter, with no single strong image/message.

I am working on doing a site, and the input is stuck decades in the past.

This was supposed to be the new media. A Mental Visual trip through the possible.

I was expecting an image based language by now.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 6:49 am

Glad to see I'm not the ony one that feels this way. Seems advertisements have snuck into all aspects of our life.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist