Do you believe you are smarter than most other people?

Page 1 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you believe you are smarter than most other people?
Yes 74%  74%  [ 87 ]
No 26%  26%  [ 30 ]
Total votes : 117

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jul 2012, 9:30 am

Do you believe that your intelligence is in any way superior than that of most others? As if you are basically the next Albert Einstein of the 21st century? And that you know the truth about everything and everyone else is just too ignorant to open their eyes and see what you see?

Just a question derived from my curiosity.

AQ: 36

WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 9:37 am

Yeah. I take in tid bits of information but for some reason i came to a realization after a few months of things constantly being nailed into my head it all just came together and now i get the BIG picture

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 9:53 am

People often say I'm very intelligent and I often feel like I'm smarter than people around me, but I'm not sure I am. Maybe I'm just paying more attention to detail and maybe I'm just thinking more than they are.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 9:57 am

Yes, kind of hard not to when I have been told I am smart countless times. Used to be arrogant about it. I am not now but apparently people "just know" I am. I use fairly basic language :shrug:

tourettebassist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jul 2012, 10:22 am

I'm a Mensan, but can't figure out how to use my intelligence, so I feel 'middle of the road'.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 10:45 am

I have a slightly above average IQ, but I am an emotional ret*d so I generally look and feel pretty f*****g stupid.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 10:47 am

Yes, because i use my mind before making a decision while most people seemingly just do what they feel like at a given moment, without considering possible consequences.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 10:48 am

<--- Dumb as a box of bricks.

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 10:58 am

No, I don't think so. I know that I'm not unintelligent, but I know for a fact that I'm not super-intelligent and it takes me a while to learn and or understand particular things.

"The natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living." David Attenborough

Chris71
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2012, 11:01 am

muslimmetalhead wrote:
I have a slightly above average IQ, but I am an emotional ret*d so I generally look and feel pretty f*****g stupid.

I'll go for that answer too.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 11:41 am

if there are 200 people in the room, chances are good that i'll be the smartest one. having the emotional smarts to persuade many of them to do whatever smart thing i have decided on is another story.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 11:52 am

I am smarter than 95 percent of the human race.

It is lonely near the top.

ruveyn

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 11:53 am

Yes, but then a quote from a past bully comes to mind...

Quote:
CTBill, I don't care how smart everyone thinks you are--you're still ret*d.

That keeps my head from swelling up too much. :roll:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 12:50 pm

People have told me that I'm talented because I'm good at drawing and making crafts, and I have always been good at reading and writing. But I have always stunk at math, and in junior high my grades plummeted even though the school counsel said that at 13 I had the IQ of an 18-year-old. The problem is that at 38 I probably still do. :shrug:

Nearly everyone thinks they're smarter than they really are. They firmly want to believe they they have above average intelligence because people who have average intelligence (which of course is most people, that's why it's called average) are stupid! :lol:

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 2:17 pm

When people tell me I'm smart I'm usually a little suspicious. They always say it in a suprised way. Like wow, I never knew you where smart. Anyway I don't feel smart most of the time but, I do feel more logical.

JesseCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2012, 3:02 pm

Yes, I have a high IQ, but at the same time I feel like a complete moron. I might be good with academics, but throw me in a room full of people and I have no idea how to start conversation or keep it going. Pair that with my monotone voice and seemingly expressionless face and tendency to be bad at following directions and I think people must think I am mentally handicapped. Then I remember I somewhat am (socially) and I feel more insecure than ever.
It hurts to see people who did worse than me throughout my academic career surpass me in life on so many different levels just because they have good social skills.
I would trade in some IQ points for emotional and social intelligence any day.