Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

TheZach
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2007, 2:05 pm

I'm looking for a webcam so I can hypnotize people on the internet into doing my will - not really. I just want a webcam so I can work on a few projects that are spinning through my cranium.

I want a webcam that has a microphonium of decent quality. I would like it to either be USB Powered or IP Based. I also would like it to have a rather high frame rate - I dont want to appear to be in a disco.

If anyone has any recomendations for me please let me know!

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.thezach.net/blog">My Blog</a>

Stevopedia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Nov 2007, 2:35 pm

You could use an old camcorder as a webcam. They usually have decent quality audio and very good video (duh). The problem is, though, you'll probably have to power it off of an AC adapter, and, if it's an analog camcorder with no USB connections, you'll have to either buy a graphics card with a video input or a USB video capture device (such as this).

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2007, 2:20 am

a newer one might have a s-video port, which most newer graphics cards have, though i dont know if they can be configured as input

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2007, 5:59 pm

i use logitech quickcam pro its a great camera, it has a mic and it is clear, you dont sound like your talking underwater or into a tin can. and clear crisp picture it does come with a software driver that must be installed before usage or it might not work if being used with video chat programs. yes it is a usb device

good luck on your webcam

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2007, 9:17 pm

if you want to invest a little more, look for the ones that say USB 2.0. They support higher frame rates and have better quality overall. Creative and Logitech are good options.