Having Trouble pasting an Image from Photobucket.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 4:10 pm

I have all my images downloaded onto phototbucket. I've always posted a pic or 2 on WP from that photobucket.

I'm using my mom's computer and everytime I copy from a direct link and hit the image icon, it says....

Error: You didn't write the Imagae URL.

What does that mean?

What do I do? :(

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 4:18 pm

I've never been able to get Photobucket to work, so I use ImageShack. It's the same type of site, but I've found that it's easier to use.

patrick6
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 5:31 pm

EvilKimEvil wrote:
I've never been able to get Photobucket to work, so I use ImageShack. It's the same type of site, but I've found that it's easier to use.

Imageshack's servers are slow as hell and a lot of the time pictures hosted from that site won't even load. I DO NOT recommend you to switch to Imageshack.

I don't know what's up with the problem you are having (I only briefly used Photobucket) but if I was you I'd probably switch to Tinypic. Their servers are fast as hell and the images ALWAYS load on sites (unlike Imageshack hosted images which only load half of the time)

Here's the URL for Tinypic ---------------> http://tinypic.com/

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 2:49 am

Hi MisConstrue - I use Photobucket. What I do, to post on WP, for instance, is just copy & paste the URL, which starts as [img] and ends the same, with URL in the middle. Then just paste onto this field & viola - image. When you paste this you'll just see the URL with [img] at beginning and end, but when you submit post, it's viewed as your picture.

Hope it works!