Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 8:54 pm

I almost do want to mention the precursor as to this post, but I had lunch with a PsyD; hypnotherapist, specifically. My one friend invited me to meet him. Anyway, this doctor wants to build a Dream Chamber (?). I was under the impression my SKULL is a dream chamber, but whatever. I wrote to him (I mostly write, not speak) that he could make a Faraday Cage room as a Dream Chamber. He's now quite intrigued with the idea. It's not my fault. So I was just looking into the depths of Cyberspace about specifically HOW to make a Faraday Cage dream chamber for this hypnotherapist.

To the point: I found this neat project for you all! You're quite welcome. Do print the following link (1 pg) and you can post it on your lab door, bedroom, dream chamber (?) or whatever: "The Practical Alternative to Mind Control."

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/afdbdiagram.pdf

Lupine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Aug 2008, 9:36 pm

HA!! !

LabPet, you rock!
:D

RustyShackleford
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Aug 2008, 9:53 pm

That is awesome! I remember my friend showing me a similar site many, many years ago on his old amiga 1200 (a surprisingly good and very usable computer compared to the PCs of the time), I think it might even be the same guy.

He had also designed a crazy animation which he claimed cleansed the brain of the effects of the psychotronic waves. It was basically a bar which moved rhythmically across the screen. It looked like the lights on the front of Knightrider's car but in blue and it really hurt your eyes. Instructions were to remain no more than 30 cms from the screen and to watch it whenever you felt particularly vulnerable to attack or something like that.

Interesting idea though, I don't know how much actual scientific research has been done into the defense but I heard about devices which emit certain radio frequencies tuned specifically to disrupt thought processes in the brain and decision making. I haven't been able to find much on google (admittedly I haven't tried very hard) but does anyone know it this is real or just another urban myth?

I heard that shopping malls have used them to disrupt consumers decision making abilities in their manufactured world of pretty, sparkly and stylish thingies.

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 10:18 pm

:lol: These things can make the absorption worse.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 11:25 pm

Lupine wrote:
HA!! !

LabPet, you rock!
:D

hey Lupine. . YOU rock, too!

HA!

Merle

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 1:07 pm

Um, Thanks! I really think this doctor can find everything for a Faraday Cage Dream Chamber at the local hardware store too.

Mental Sticky Note: Do not consult any local PsyDs. Their nice to visit with, but nada on the Dream Chamber.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 10:06 pm

what about a hyperbaric chamber dream chamber. That would double as a faraday chamber but he could also apply high pressure for more intense dreams (or reduce pressure to simulate high altitude) - lol

btw - love the al-foil beanie. But what I really want is a Zoltan bubble wrap suit

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 10:18 pm

Wow! I bet that doctor would love that. I saw a bumper sticker and always remember: 'Therapy is expensive. Bubble wrap is cheap. You choose.'

ha ha! Hyperbaric chamber? Who knows....he could do Sensory Deprivation Chamber too but what's the point since the sleeper/dreamer's eyes are closed anyway?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 1:03 am

I lived a long time by the friendly advice of a humorous bumper sticker that said "Lord, give us another Oil Boom in West Texas and I promise I won't pi** it away, again!"

It taught me to look for a coming boom and learn how to facillitate that boom. That is how I got into telephone technical support back when you taught your caller how to use a phillips head screwdriver ( "remember 'righty tighty, and lefty loocy') and pop the hood of that 'puter and reset all those connections that might have shifted buying a computer from South Dakota.
The people I worked for didn't have the imagination to have me as a mascot, unfortunately. but at least I lost myself in the general nerdyness of the atmosphere.

After I pi**ed that all away, :roll: I have recently come to a career of explaining Medicare fraud to elderly folks. "Medicare/Healthcare: "It's the new boom of the future! "

Merle