Page 6 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2008, 9:49 pm

Quote:
Actually, I've just tried it out yet again, and I can say that the volume control is global...

ubuntu eee?

Well, I set the volume to 0 before running prboom, and it was still banging altogether.

Quote:
Actually, I find I have to kill prboom, sometimes. It locks up in some fashion that stops me from controlling it. Luckily, Ctrl/Alt/1 still lets me get to a console, where I can "kill -SIGKILL" the stupid thing!
Sounds like the crash bug that requires you to run with -nomusic or install timidity.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2008, 2:29 am

for those of you runing debian style eepcs, this may prolong your ssd life.
http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/09/0 ... te-drives/

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 4:18 am

So I got around to buying a $20 1 gig SD card and I installed puppy linux on that and it run fine on the eee. the sound doesn't work and I may have to play around to get to work along with the other hardware. There is a special eee version of puppy which will be better. the eebunutu looks the best though.

I might buy a 8 gig SD card and install Windows XP on it one day.

the eee is a bit flakey booting off usb flash drives, I always had to press the esc key when booting it up and sometimes that wouldn't work. Booting from SD card works fine. I like SD cards better because they do not stick out of the side of the babybook.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 11:14 am

MR_BOGAN wrote:
I might buy a 8 gig SD card and install Windows XP on it one day.

Sources say this doesn't work. The thumb and SD cards have a bit sized chunk of data that indicates that the drive is a removable one. Windows doesn't like this, but it is possible to flip that bit off.

Just so you know before you waste the use of an xp licence.