Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 3:07 pm

I want to make Yahoo Mail my default E-Mail provider and get shortcuts on my start menu and desktop. The new Yahoo Messenger didn't do that for me so I'm wondering how to.

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 6:54 pm

hey gamefreak, to set yahoo as default email provider, tried going to internet options and going to program stab (ie7 and 8) there should be a list of types of programs (address book, HTML editor, newsgroups,e-mail.............. go to email one and select yahoo email and yahoo messenger for internet call. then down at bottom, click apply and ok and that should be it for IE

another way is if you are using xp/vista, go into program access and defaults and clck custom, then scroll down to default email program, select yahoo mail and click enable yahoo mail across from it. now that should fix the problem!

good luck and hope this helps,

(hey gamefreak, keep in touch man, I enjoy communicating with you, pm me if you want, I found out how to share vista harddrives to network so other computers on same VPN can read the drive)

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 9:34 am

I have some Yahoo-e-mail-account and I just do check those via my local e-mail client without any problems.