Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 10:42 am

(Internet Explorer user)

This started when I got home from school last night. The rest of the internet, even the regular Google homepage, is working perfectly, but whenever I click on the Mail tab on Google it shows the Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage message. It works fine on my mum's computer, so what's going on?!

I can't use my mum's computer forever, it's inconvenient and she needs to use it too. What can I do?!

y es como un semestre"

TheSpecialKid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2009, 11:20 am

Oh... It can be tons of things.

Try clearing the temporary internet files, and maybe do an "ipconfig /flushdns" in cmd, if you are running windows.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 3:44 pm

I tried clearing the temporary internet files, didn't work, what does the other thing entail?

y es como un semestre"

solinoure
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 May 2009, 5:57 pm

If was weird for me this morning too... the control buttons were haphazardly staked vertically instead of stilling neatly in a row...
Its fixed now. I think some one at google made a boo boo and now its fixed...
It looks fine to me now - how about you?

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 7:48 pm

First of all, you need to find out if it's the computer or internet explorer so go to mozilla and download firefox (or get Google Chrome or Apple Safari) - any other browser.

Let us know if the problem is still there.

UberElvis
Raven
Raven

18 May 2009, 7:25 pm

gbollard wrote:
First of all, you need to find out if it's the computer or internet explorer so go to mozilla and download firefox (or get Google Chrome or Apple Safari) - any other browser.

Let us know if the problem is still there.

Agreed. I think certain circumstances cause Internet Explorer to act really weird. Mozilla Firefox is becoming so popular that IE actually losing compatibility (in some cases). I can't tell exactly what's going on with Gmail for the OP. But I agree to try Firefox. Since I use Firefox all the time, (especially when I'm booted into my Ubuntu partition) I've lost track of some of the stuff going on with IE. My dad uses IE only for his working and Firefox otherwise because his company's website requires IE to run properly, but he's had some crazy things happen with his IE though.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2009, 11:23 pm

Did you go to "mail.google.com" ? or use a favourite? sometimes it's better to type it manually

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 10:07 am

It's been working fine since my last comment, must have just been a temporary error.

y es como un semestre"