Who watches alot of anime?+ favorite characters

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 3:07 pm

I don't watch much of anything. becuase I don't know where to watch this kind of stuff.
I used to watch a lot of anime stuff. and would like to watch them agian.

there are a 2 kinds I like most. comedy+fighting OR a serious storyline+fighting.

I've been wanting to watch the following,

Bleach, (my sister got me into this one with one of the movies)

One Piece, ( i just bought an expensive Nami figure online )

yu yu hakasho, (if I spelled that right.)

Dragon ball Z, (altough I already know alot about it from all the games I palyed)

anyone know what the one was about that I think was called Card capters or something along those lines... I know I watched this years ago, it probally wasn't violent (or funny) enough for me though.
I think another one was Ryu kenshin if I;m right it was samurai type stuff,

I remember I once watched an epidsode of Sailer Moon, and when I think about it, I just want to shove dynamight in her face and make it go BOOM!... no offense to any fans of that show.

anyway, I'm a little curoius what for anime other members around here watch? or have watched?

if so, what character do you like? which ones do you hate?

I know from bleach I always like Rukia, and Orihime (mostly Rukia becuase Orihime is kind of an idiot) . not sure who I hate, maybe the bald drunk guy...

as for One piece, I always like, Nami, Chaser, Zolo, and Nico Robin. from this show, I really hate that creep with freakish ballerina costume.

Dragon ball Z, Vegeta and Cell, are my favorite ones. can;t think of one I'd hate.

as for Sailor moon, I hate them all and would gladly decapitate their heads like a ninja... agian no offense to any fans of that show.

Beaux
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Feb 2012, 4:24 pm

You can watch a lot of anime on Crunchyroll as well as Anime News Network under the video section. Also, the shows you are trying to remember would be "Cardcaptor Sakura" (specifically the version done in Canada, but there's another that was more faithful to the Japanese done in California) and "Rurouni Kenshin". I haven't seen either, but I've thought of checking them out.

EDIT: Oh, and for favorite characters...
Shinji Ikari and Rei Ayanami of Neon Genesis Evangelion (Relatable)
Simon and Kamina of Gurren Lagann (Inspiring)
Kino of Kino's Journey (Interesting and a bit inspiring)
Edward and Alphonse Elric of Fullmetal Alchemist (Relatable)

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 6:05 pm

Blood+ (saya and haji are my favs!)

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 6:12 pm

I remember I gave you a list of sites you can use on a thread you made HERE.
Perhaps you prefer dub to sub?

My largest comitment to an anime would be Fairy Tail, I have watched it basically for 115 episodes and loved it all. My favourite characters in it would be Erza Scarlet and Mirajane Strauss, unlike most girls in fighting anime they are actually two of the toughest characters, and can actually leave others tremble in fear of them.

I have watched a lot of anime, my favourite genre is comedy, maybe some romance, but I have watched all different types , kind of hard to name things.

Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, has next to no showing emotion, does what she wants(reading), at the same time as what ever she is suposed to, and unlike what some would think she does have emotions underneith.

Chaser John Doe (who is curently my avatar) from Yumekui Merry, because he is just plain awesome.

Alucard from Hellsing, same as above.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 6:15 pm

I have pretty much just watched the most obvious ones. Dragon ball z, FMA, deathnote, and Code geass.

Personally I didn't like dragon ball z anime, its to slow. I wouldn't want to watch kai cause there is no blood so less action. The manga is really good though.

oh and my favorite character would probably be light

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 6:58 pm

Quote:
I remember I gave you a list of sites you can use on a thread you made HERE.
Perhaps you prefer dub to sub?

oh, I must have forgot about that, sorry. I'll look back for it.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2012, 3:48 pm

I watch anime ALOT. I have alot of favorite animes my favorites include Inuyasha, Dragonball Z, Bleach, One Peice, Naruto Shippuden, Death Note Blue Excorcist, Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood <because my birthday is mentioned in Edwards watch> and its a good story line too lol. My favorite characters would be L Near Light Ryuk from deathnote. Goku and Vegeta from Dragonball Z. Ichigo, Kenpachi and Mayuri from Bleach. Naruto Sasuke and Kekashi from Naruto. Luffy, Zoro, and Franky from One Peice. Inuyasha and Sessomeru from Inuyasha. Ryu from Blue excorcist. Colonol Mustang Al and Edward from Full Metal Alchemist. Not sure who my Favorite from Brave Ten is yet i just started watching the show lol.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2012, 3:48 pm

I watch anime ALOT. I have alot of favorite animes my favorites include Inuyasha, Dragonball Z, Bleach, One Peice, Naruto Shippuden, Death Note Blue Excorcist, Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood <because my birthday is mentioned in Edwards watch> and its a good story line too lol. My favorite characters would be L Near Light Ryuk from deathnote. Goku and Vegeta from Dragonball Z. Ichigo, Kenpachi and Mayuri from Bleach. Naruto Sasuke and Kekashi from Naruto. Luffy, Zoro, and Franky from One Peice. Inuyasha and Sessomeru from Inuyasha. Ryu from Blue excorcist. Colonol Mustang Al and Edward from Full Metal Alchemist. Not sure who my Favorite from Brave Ten is yet i just started watching the show lol.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 10:03 am

Other than the obvious? :D Blood + and Black Butler were good.

Sempiternal
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 6:23 pm

I've watched:

Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden
Bleach
Vampire Knight
Rosario Vampire
Death Note
Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
11eyes
Angel Beats!
Elfen Lied
Clannad

I haven't finished all of them though. haha.

TheFerretHadToGo
Raven
Raven

24 Feb 2012, 7:19 pm

What´s this? No-one has mentioned Cowboy Bebop yet? Blasphemy!
Seems like no anime thread is complete without it and I have to concur; it is a great anime. There´s just something about the whole dark cyberpunk feel that talks to me.
Speaking of which, I guess I have to mention Ergo Proxy which has a similar feel, a little more gloomy maybe.
To me these two shows are self-evident, something everybody already knows of, but my brother has told me that one of my biggest failings is that I too often assume that others know what I know, so I decided to mention them anyway.

I liked Genshiken since it was about a group of guys who were obsessed with manga, anime and computer games.
Seitokai no Ichizon also touches the nerd subject but from a genre parody angle (unfortunately rather uneven, but some brilliant moments).
The same can be said about Hayate no Gotoku.

Urusei Yatsura is a classic. At least in my book. Don´t know how to describe the humour other than it works with the absurd and random. 200+ episodes and several films. You might see that as a lot to have to go through or a lot to look forward to.

Some of the Gundam franchise is quite good, if you´re into mecha. Just stay away from G Gundam and the new series Gundam Age.

I and others have mentioned Kara no Kyoukai on other threads, but it deserves to be mentioned again. It´s a creepy and very bloody story with supernatural elements. The protagonist is an emotionless girl wielding a combat knife (please, don´t think ecchi for there is none to be found). If I remmeber correctly it consists of six feature length episodes (50-90 min), intentonally out of order (think pulp fiction).

I wish I could recommend Shinryaku! Ika Musume but the anime adaptation just don´t live up to the mangas potential, so I suggest reading it instead (like on mangafox). It´s a funny (and dare I say cute) story of a squid in human form that aims to conquer the human world. A bit reminiscent of Azumanga Daioh, which also is one of those shows I´m certain everybody knows of.