ASSUMED MOVIE, TV AND CARTOON CHARACTERS W/ ASPERGERS

Page 38 of 43 [ 686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 43  Next

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2011, 10:02 pm

The only reason Dex from Masked Rider acts the way he does is because he is literally from another planet, but man, I can bet you anything that the people he is around on Earth that do not know he is an alien probably would think he is an Aspie or something. Despite the fact that people complain that Masked Rider isn't that good, I love it just because there are a lot of things about Dex that reminds me of myself at times. The fact that he can be very socially awkward and not understand Earth's customs and the fact that he is passionate about bugs in the way that I am with medieval fantasy is something I really can relate.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 9:26 am

The anime Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (I don't have many friends) is about a group of students have poor social skills, as they are all don't understand friendship to the level they don't realise they are friends. One character (Kobato) is obssessed by an anime character that she copied their clothes, speech and general behavior. A certain character (Rika) is rather smart, but rather unkowing in social rules and says things that she does not understand why the others get annoyed, and suspected anxiety from crowds. Sena looks rather normal but can not make friends other girls her age, and at some point becomes quickly obsessed with games, with the original idea to increase her social skills, and has trouble talking over a phone. And another (Yozora) is kind of conused about the concept, she seems to have done various research via internet, is kind of knowledgeable about hard facts and uses them to semi manipulate the other members, in practice she has trouble realising the other's feelings, and kind of misses the point of things, like thinking having each person book a seperate room for kareoke would be better than sharing, and that yelling "It is the sea" is an important part of going to the beach which required practice.

JurgenW
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jan 2012, 9:17 am

jimservo wrote:
Rare example: I just saw the movie Rocky last night and the character of Adrian seems like a possible example (at least in the original).

I watched the first Rocky movie last night, and Adrian (Talia Shire) initially behaved just like a (probably autistic, but not diagnosed since there is a four-year-queue for diagnosis) girl I met a year ago. So sweet!

Nightowl2548
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jan 2012, 5:47 pm

I think the name of the character was Sebastian, the loner in Blade Runner who is more comfortable around his synthetic creatures than people.

Lisa Simpson is a carbon copy of my over achieving sister. I suspect my mother, her mother, my father, and my brother all have Aspergers. My Sister seems normal socially, though I view her as a "carrier." Despite how normal she tries to come across, she hasn't been unaffected by the nuttiness in our family, she had what is now clear as and anxiety episode that went on for months in second grade, as well as being hospitalized with out and out Anorexia in High School, she behaves quite bizarre when drunk too. Her young son seems overly fixated on Trucks and construction equipment. He has a whole series of toys of dump trucks and front end loaders and NEVER made eye contact at all during a conversation he had with me about his toys. Reminds me of my obsession with commercial jetliners at that age, (not being able to find a toy DC-8 nor L1011 to complete my collection was a big frustration for me at the time) he's only 4 so I'm not rushing to judgment though.

TheaterAspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jan 2012, 10:25 pm

The phantom of the opera. Not, mind you in the (IMO) sucky 2004 movie with Gerald Butler. But the original book and the Andrew Lloyd Webber stage musical version. OMG. Its there. In the 25th anniversary performance filmed live at Royal Albert Hall the actor playing the phantom I learned, studied and incorporated aspurgers into the character. It's all there. Obsession over Christine, deep interest and skill (in music and art), inability to socialize well (the suckyst thing), its so there. Seriously, I could give a very long rant about this.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 10:37 am

BigSnoopy126 wrote:
did anyone mention Derek Boyd, Michelle's friend on "Full House?"

I never thought of Derek as an Aspie, but someone on Full House definitely was. Walter Berman, AKA DUCK FACE! He was Aspie all around in both of his appearances. Even when we saw him as part of Mr. Egghead's audience, he knew about black holes and complex physics. I'm guessing that was his special interest.

Let's all go and throw little pieces of bread at Duck Face before he decides to kiss us in his mind.

Nash: Is there a difference?

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jan 2012, 9:58 pm

Many of the characters from IT Crowd.
L from Death Note (I LOVE HIM <3)
Many characters from Goosebumps
Columbus from Zombieland

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 4:14 am

FanBoy & Chum-Chum, in my opinion.

MagicToenail
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Feb 2012, 10:00 pm

I know this is a play, but has anyone mentioned Laura Wingfield from "The Glass Menagerie." She's too shy to meet people, socially awkward and has OCD about collecting glass animals. It's speculated that Laura is a composite of Tennessee Williams mentally ill sister Rose and Williams himself (who had some Aspie traits, he was really introverted and obsessed with writing). Though if she was really an Aspie, she probably would have realized that Jim was an as*hole and be relieved when he left, unstead of going crazy and getting a lobotomy.

kojot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Feb 2012, 10:06 am

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but:

Seven of Nine form Star Trek: Voyager

definitely! :D

TheFerretHadToGo
Raven
Raven

25 Feb 2012, 10:12 am

Just posted this in another thread, "Movie Characters With Aspergers?":

Quote:
Kaspar in The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser, by Werner Herzog.
He´s definately more of a LFA, but I connected to his way of reasoning.

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2012, 6:26 pm

I think Allison Reynolds from The Breakfast Club, Luffy from One Piece and a few others are aspergian.

AQ: 36

Wolfman1983
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jun 2012, 9:52 pm

Frankenstein's Monster

Last edited by Wolfman1983 on 11 Jun 2012, 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 9:54 pm

I always thought Mary Lennox from The Secret Garden was kind of like an Aspie.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 10:19 pm

The Nerd from Robot Chicken is a good candidate.

Tina from Bob's Burgers

The Goldmans from Family Guy

Kevin French from Mission Hill

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2012, 7:33 am

Definitely Anna Gram from Phi Brain, Kami No Puzzle. Crona from Soul Eater maybe.

AQ: 36