The Time of the Doctor *Christmas spoilers*

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Dec 2013, 11:02 pm

Doctor Who spoilers!! !

I bloody knew they were going to somehow reset it regeneration cycle. I thought somehow that since all his regenerations were up and that Peter Capaldi was taking over that they'd give him another 12 regens. The rules to scifi may not be breakable, but loopholes in a show's rules are always there.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Dec 2013, 12:29 pm

I loved the episode, except for him being given extra regenerations out of the giant crack.

I would just have ignored the metacrisis regeneration, and allowed Capaldi to rescue Gallifrey and receive infinite regenerations as a reward.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 4:57 am

All didn't like was the build up to the Doctor changing in appearance, and how it happened RIGHT near the end. My parents say that apparently, they're going to do something similar to what happened when the 10th Doctor regenerated, by which I mean, regenerated from the 9th. (I hope that doesn't result in another lost hand and another human version of the Doctor...)

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 9:44 pm

"worst dr who episode ever"

and

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhe3vSe-mmw[/youtube]

So I'm never in a rush

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 6:40 pm

I was actually thinking the death of Matt Smith's Dr. would be a fixed point and the regeneration would come from John Hurt's Dr. since he didn't burn Gallifrey. A friend if mine said she figured John Hurt would regenerate into Christopher Eccleston and keep with the same time loop/time stream. I was hoping for the chance of witnessing the birth of another time stream or alternate universe with the end of the regeneration cycle followed by the current series ( following from Dr. no. 1 William Hartnell to Matt Smith)

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"

Gwydion
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jan 2014, 11:44 am

It was pretty disappointing for me. I haven't liked any Christmas episode under Moffatt, and whilst this was far from the worst, it wasn't friendly to the casual viewer. Everyone who has spoken to me about this episode has said they didn't have a clue what was going on, and most people seem to have turned it off long before Capaldi's scene.

RandyM

01 Jan 2014, 6:14 pm

I thought it was kind of lame. The last few times the Doctor regenerated it was after some massive build up and epic battle. What do we get this time? The Doctor nearly dying of old age..

SpeakerToAnimals
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jan 2014, 8:27 pm

Well if Tennant's Doctor died and regenerated into another Tennant in Journey's End that means Tennant One died gawping at his girlfriend when he should have been watching the road for Daleks.

Not quite as bad as falling over and banging his head like Colin Baker but hardly a noble sacrifice.

RandyM

04 Jan 2014, 4:13 pm

SpeakerToAnimals wrote:
Well if Tennant's Doctor died and regenerated into another Tennant in Journey's End that means Tennant One died gawping at his girlfriend when he should have been watching the road for Daleks.

Not quite as bad as falling over and banging his head like Colin Baker but hardly a noble sacrifice.

You forgot the time he stepped on bat poop and ended up having to regenerate from that.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 1:57 pm

RandyM wrote:
SpeakerToAnimals wrote:

You forgot the time he stepped on bat poop and ended up having to regenerate from that.

:lol:

I knew in all probability they would find a way to keep the show going, the most likely way being to give him a whole new regeneration cycle. How they set about it however, was ridiculous.
Never been found of Moffat's Christmas episodes, this is no exception. He's a good writer, but sometimes he tries to hard and it spoils the episode. :roll: