Page 416 of 417 [ 6670 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 413, 414, 415, 416, 417  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2024, 3:04 am

Star Wars: Tales Of The Empire.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2024, 9:49 am

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2024, 3:53 pm

Coronation Street, episodes from the first half of January 1994

The outrageous Reg Holdsworth is about to buy the Corner Shop from Alf Roberts, and to marry Maureen Naylor. Big trouble in the relationship between Kevin and Sally Webster, also involving Mike and Alma Baldwin and a man called Joe Broughton: don't ask (too complicated). Liz McDonald gives up the tenancy of The Queen's pub to get back with husband Jim, so she does.

Great stuff, unlike the unwatchable rubbish that Corrie has become these days, by all accounts.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2024, 9:10 pm

Downton Abbey Seasons 2-6

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (05/05/2024) Season 11, episode 10 - Libraries

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2024, 9:12 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Last night we finished watching all 15 seasons 305 episodes! of The Red Green Show [1991–2006]!

It is hard to describe the show. It sort of pretends to be a kind of public-access TV kind of thing from the back woods of Canada. It is set out of the Possum Lodge and the show's master of ceremonies is Red Green, the president of Possum Lodge.

Well, actually, it is not that hard to describe the show: FUNNY!

Two key takeaways from the show:
- Man's Prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."
- Duct Tape: "The Handyman's Secret Weapon"

It is funny! /\/\R E C O M M E N D E D/\/\ :thumright:

All fifteen seasons!

I use to watch this every Saturday night. It's what came on before Doctor Who. :)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2024, 9:27 pm

pcgoblin wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
Last night we finished watching all 15 seasons 305 episodes! of The Red Green Show [1991–2006]!

It is hard to describe the show. It sort of pretends to be a kind of public-access TV kind of thing from the back woods of Canada. It is set out of the Possum Lodge and the show's master of ceremonies is Red Green, the president of Possum Lodge.

All fifteen seasons!

I use to watch this every Saturday night. It's what came on before Doctor Who. :)
The Red Green Show and Doctor Who in the same evening?! It sounds like the final years of the classic Doctor Who and the early Red Green. Good stuff!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2024, 10:00 pm

Family Guy.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2024, 7:59 am

Double Retired wrote:
pcgoblin wrote:
Double Retired wrote:

All fifteen seasons!

The Red Green Show and Doctor Who in the same evening?! It sounds like the final years of the classic Doctor Who and the early Red Green. Good stuff!

Exactly right.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2024, 8:28 am

Tiny House Hunting

Season 1, episode 1

I watched this for one reason, which I'll get to.
First, I know what is considered a Tiny House. I'm familiar with the philosophy behind tiny houses. I like the idea of tiny houses. The first episode was so-so okay (my wishy-washy response).

I watched this for one reason.
I wanted to post in the Wrong Planet forum that when I read the title of the show, Tiny House Hunting, I instantly misread it as Tiny House Haunting.
I thought that was amusing, even funny. Tiny Houses that are haunted. That's a pretty niche market.
I quickly read it correctly as Hunting, not Haunting.

- Afterthought -
In the first episode, everywhere the couple looked was buried in the woods and/or near the shore of a great lake, sometimes a superior lake, and the houses and locations looked perfect for a psycho horror thriller cabin in the woods type killing. So, haunted seems like something that could be doable.

Am I going to watch more episodes? I really don't want to, but there is a part that wants to explore what the other episodes are like. That is a bit frustrating because the show's content is not what I'm looking for (a television getaway to a what-if in the future), and they are not haunted. However, they are tiny houses and I've taken a bite. "What's down this path?"

It is available on Hulu, Prime Video, and The Roku Channel. I watched it on The Roku Channel. I was exploring.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2024, 8:34 am

BOO!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 1:18 am

The Dark Side Of The

angelsonthemoon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 May 2024, 5:55 pm

Round The Twist Episodes 1-3

This Australian show reminds me of Eerie, Indiana where a family moves to a new place and weird things happen. This one is a different kind of weird though. In the second ep, two of the kids get coated in bird poop. They were like two feet high in seagull dung. The whole episode felt like a fever dream.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2024, 7:41 pm

Double Retired wrote:
BOO!

LOL!

I had to copy that into a text editor to read it. It was too tiny to read.
Tiny ghosts for Tiny Houses.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2024, 7:48 pm

Thank you, pcgoblin. It is nice to know someone catches my nonsense.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2024, 8:32 pm

MST3K: Agent for H.A.R.M. (1997)

Season 8, episode 15 (despite what IMDB says)

Continuing my season 8 binging of Mystery Science Theater 3000.

IMDB Description - Titus Yorick wrote:
While trying to be extreme for the bots, Mike is put on trial for his unintentional planet-killing spree. Through every fault of his own, Mike chooses Prof. Bobo for his defense attorney and Pearl as his prosecutor. The bots offer him video depositions, which only makes Mike look guiltier, and the Observer and Ortega give their own testimonies. In the end, Mike can only hope to throw himself on the mercy of the court, or at least what little mercy the court actually has for him.—Titus Yorick

Bobo is surprisingly not totally inept. He catches Brain Guy lying about his claim to knowing how to make Apple Pie.
For the last witness, Bobo calls a random Amish boy to the stand, and the boy says he did not see Mike blow up any of the planets. Bobo's logic: If the boy did not see it, it never happened.
Pearl tries to show the boy is lying about being Amish, and tries to trip him up by suggesting he did several things that morning that the Amish would not do, such as playing a video game, or riding to court in a car. But he really is Amish. She totally ignored Bobo's fallacious logic.

The courtroom scenes were much better than the movie.

The movie was a secret agent film.
Agent for H.A.R.M. (1966)
Evil Iron Curtain scientist develops a bacteria that eats the body of people it comes in contact with.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2024, 8:37 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Thank you, pcgoblin. It is nice to know someone catches my nonsense.

This time, I just increased the scale of the webpage. I should try my reading glasses. Nope. Didn't help.