Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 10:37 pm

Eh. Guess it doesn't help that I'm not a big fan of super heroes in general anyway, but all that was really there was action, action, and more action. Basically not much substance. Liked the Dark Knight much more but that's all I've got to compare it to.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

asromania
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2012, 1:29 am

im going to watch avenger IMAX tonight

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2012, 8:39 am

Robert Downey Jr :oops: :oops: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2012, 4:06 pm

My brother, father, and I discussed all the logical fallacies in the film.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

DogOfJudah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2012, 4:28 pm

Quote:
But what does Black Widow bring to the Avengers, really? She can fire handguns and kick people more effectively than the average person?

Women in tight clothing sell more films. It's an awesome film tho, hopefully Spiderman and Kitty Pryde (Ellen Page) make the next one.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2012, 4:37 pm

Absolutely amazing, nuff said. There has never been a more crowd-pleasing and undeniably satisfying comic-book movie in recent memory, and Joss Whedon delivers in spades. Robert Downey JR is once again bang on form as Iron Man with some hilariously biting quips "No hard feelings, Point Break." and Mark Ruffalo makes an excellent Hulk.

Over to you, Dark Knight Rises!

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2012, 8:42 pm

The Black Widow was able to run mind games on a god.

skenasis
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 May 2012, 4:34 am

Absolutely loved this movie. Saw it 7 times in 13 days. Tom Hiddleston as Loki is incredible.

Moya
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2012, 10:44 am

I rushed out down to the local cinema on the 25th last month to buy my ticket and the line was all the way down the stairs and out the door! So I missed out on the first screening of Avengers, but still got a ticket for it and saw the second screening, which of course was still packed even though I got in early.

I loved the film, I felt all the characters had a decent amount of screen-time and worked really well together. I love how the Avengers were assembled to battle Loki, just as they were in the original Avengers comic (it's funny though, I noticed quite a few people having a problem with Hulk being on the team before the film came out, yet he was an Avenger from the first issue). I think Joss Whedon was in his element, he works well with groups of unique characters (it reminded me a lot of his run on Astonishing X-Men). The film was well-balanced, funny and had some great action sequences.

I've been anxious to go and see it again ever since my first viewing, but I kind of want to see it with subtitles next time so I can understand it all better.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 2:39 pm

Am I the only who didn't really enjoy it? It was ok; but it went on far too long.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2012, 7:27 am

skenasis wrote:
Absolutely loved this movie. Saw it 7 times in 13 days. Tom Hiddleston as Loki is incredible.

Oh you think Tom Hiddleston is hot?

I can watch Robert Downey Jr in Iron man million times over or Sherlock Holmes. His other movies didn't get to me. :(

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2012, 4:00 pm

Joss Whedon is still my guy, I really enjoyed it. It's nice to have superheroes that are fun without being too campy. I love the new Batman's, but the grittiness is kinda wearing thin on me.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

Ookla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2012, 6:49 pm

As a longstanding Hulk geek, I was thrilled with the movie. After two mediocre Hulk solo movies, I'm so happy that someone finally put the green goliath onscreen the way he's meant to be. Thank you, Joss Whedon!

Easily my new favorite superhero movie. Not as cerebral as The Dark Knight, but a lot more fun. (And that quick glimpse of Thanos during the credits has me hungry for the sequel. Man, it's going to be a long wait...)

skenasis
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 May 2012, 6:13 am

luvsterriers wrote:
skenasis wrote:

I can watch Robert Downey Jr in Iron man million times over or Sherlock Holmes. His other movies didn't get to me. :(
I was actually referring to his acting skills :P However, I won't say no to him being good looking...but then, he's exactly my type, so it's not surprising.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 7:23 am

skenasis wrote:
luvsterriers wrote:
skenasis wrote:

I was actually referring to his acting skills :P However, I won't say no to him being good looking...but then, he's exactly my type, so it's not surprising.

Ah ok. I see that Tom was in War Horse as well.

gnatterfly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 May 2012, 4:18 pm

:lol: That movie was hilarious! My husband and I saw it twice already!! ! Joss Wheadon is a genius!!