Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 7:45 am

Am I the only one here who actually loves watching this? I've been totally into it since 2005 and I haven't let up once! It's such a cute show and it's actually extremely creative. I also love how they almost always wear different outfits, unlike most cartoons. Oh, and they have the most adorable British accents I've ever heard! Even my mom likes it because they're supposed to be Danish (livning in London) and she's half-Danish herself so she likes them portraying it. What do you think of this show?

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 10:23 am

I agree. I put it on mainly for the kids, but it's still on my good list. I have this mental list of the shows that are off-limits, mediocre but harmless, pretty good, and ones so good I could watch them and enjoy them. Charlie and Lola is good enough to watch if only for the cute little accents you mentioned. It surprised me that I liked it, though, because it usually bugs me when the animation doesn't at least show some understanding of the basic structure of the human body (one of the pitfalls of study, spoils you for things you might otherwise have thought nothing of). But I make exceptions for cartooning where that clearly isn't the primary goal, like this one, Phineas and Ferb, etc. The style used is of course identical to the books and is more designed to convey the feel of the stories and the look of a child's drawing. The ones that really get on my nerves are the ones where they push close to human appearance and yet seem ignorant of the fundamentals of human structure and bone and muscle movement... like Dragontales or Dora the Explorer. But I digress.

Yes, it's a good show.

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 3:50 pm

I used to watch that sometimes. I still like things like that although I am 21. I watch Thomas the Tank engine still but I'm not ahsamed! I think Charlie and Lola is cute too. The whole 'out of proportion' thing is because the artist admits to being pretty lame at drawing, but it's got an interesting look to it!