Universal's Wolfman movie ripped off Twilight: New Moon!

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 5:31 pm

Well, it did according to this particularly dense Twilight fan, anyway:

Universal, Like, Totally Ripped Off Twilight!! !! !

Apparently Universal shamelessly copied the idea of a man turning into a wolf from Stephanie Meyer's emo-vampire stories - and didn't even have the good graces to make the werewolf look like an underwear model, instead making him look like a rabid man-beast! How inconsiderate can you get?! :roll:

I mean, never mind the tiny, insignificant facts that werewolf mythology is older than dirt, or that Universal first brought the Wolfman to the silver screen in 1941 (about 30 years before Miss Meyer was even born)... clearly Universal are stealing from a literary genius, and ought to be punished for their laziness.

I despair sometimes. I really do.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 5:34 pm

Wow.... that's all I have to say.

Also, Anthony Hopkins is badass.

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 5:39 pm

*facepalm*

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 6:05 pm

Aurore wrote:
*facepalm*

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 6:13 pm

Brilliant :roll: :lol:

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 6:41 pm

MrSinister wrote:

Apparently Universal shamelessly copied the idea of a man turning into a wolf from Stephanie Meyer's emo-vampire stories - and didn't even have the good graces to make the werewolf look like an underwear model, instead making him look like a rabid man-beast! How inconsiderate can you get?! :roll:

I mean, never mind the tiny, insignificant facts that werewolf mythology is older than dirt, or that Universal first brought the Wolfman to the silver screen in 1941 (about 30 years before Miss Meyer was even born)... clearly Universal are stealing from a literary genius, and ought to be punished for their laziness.

Actually, Universal had a werewolf movie released before the Wolf Man. 1935's Werewolf of London...

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 7:13 pm

Lecks wrote:
Picture of Picard being awesome

:lol:
Exactly. That is exactly the reaction this evoked from me.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 7:26 pm

at first I clicked the link thinking a twilight fangirl posted the thread (yes, I like trolling the twilightfans, its funny as hell when they start whining and wanting to cut-wrists)

And yeah, it is not a damn rip-off, the person who wrote the article needs to learn some f*****g film history and even mythology. I want to shoot the reviewer right now.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 8:40 pm

Quote:
This movie was a complete waste and I feel that it offends ALL Twilight Fans around the world, that including myself.

Awesome.

Quote:
How can a werewolf be killed with a silver bullet?

Why do vampires sparkle?

Hey, you know what repels Twilight fans? A good story. (cue drums and cymbals)

Quote:
He sits in some chair and his entire body turns in to some mutated freak.

Isn't that the point?

Quote:
Everyone knows that Stephenie Meyer created werewolves, and now you hacks have been exposed! Good luck defending yourselves in court!!

Wow...

Anyway, the fact that this movie has Hopkins makes it infinitely better than Twilight in my eyes.

I saw one of the old b&w wolfman movies... the only thing I remember was that it was beaten to death in the end... with a cane with a silver handle in the shape of a wolf's head. Those old movies were very suspenseful.

But they do not have me

Vince
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 8:52 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
at first I clicked the link thinking a twilight fangirl posted the thread (yes, I like trolling the twilightfans, its funny as hell when they start whining and wanting to cut-wrists)

And yeah, it is not a damn rip-off, the person who wrote the article needs to learn some f***ing film history and even mythology. I want to shoot the reviewer right now.

Before you get your silver bullets, you might wanna look closer. It wasn't the reviewer. The reviewer is showing an e-mail from a Twilight fan.

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 8:57 pm

Hopkins is awesome. Though it occurs to me that the last two movies I've seen him in, he's been at least half naked. :?

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 9:10 pm

Oh dear. Now, I'm not saying Twilight fans are dumb, but that one is dumber than Rik Mayall showing his fake gun off.

*Facepalm, only more like Roj Blake than Picard*

Twilight bored me. But the thing is, when I watch something, I often research it first. I am often fascinated by where stories came from, what they were derived from, ever since I learned that many Doctor Who stories, particularly from the mid-1970s, were varied homages and rip-offs of various horror films and stories. Twilight, as insipid as it is, was inspired by what went on before. My guess is that Stephanie Meyer was basically making an Anne Rice novel for teenagers. It's not a rip-off as much as a poorly written teenage version of what has gone beforehand.

Personally, and I know someone is going to call me out on this, but the only vampire/werewolf movie I have watched, let alone enjoyed, was Van Helsing. Say what you like, but at least it was entertaining.

EDIT: Wait, is it possible that the letter was written as satire? I don't think that there are Twilight fans who are that dumb, and yet can still spell properly and use an email. Moral guardians, yes, because their self-righteousness takes them everywhere, but moral guardians are the bane of the fan of anything.

On sabbatical...

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 9:22 pm

Quatermass wrote:

Personally, and I know someone is going to call me out on this, but the only vampire/werewolf movie I have watched, let alone enjoyed, was Van Helsing. Say what you like, but at least it was entertaining.

EDIT: Wait, is it possible that the letter was written as satire? I don't think that there are Twilight fans who are that dumb, and yet can still spell properly and use an email. Moral guardians, yes, because their self-righteousness takes them everywhere, but moral guardians are the bane of the fan of anything.

1) I enjoyed Van Helsing too. Apparently I'm not supposed to admit that in public :lol:
2) That entered my mind too. She could just be a talented troll of sorts.

Teal-Scarlet
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Feb 2010, 10:45 pm

Quote:
Hey Universal, you just got PWNED.

They sure did.. :shameonyou: :roll:

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2010, 11:55 pm

MrSinister wrote:

This girl is obviously just joking based on the parts I bolded.

whatamarshmallow
Raven
Raven

25 Feb 2010, 1:51 am

Apera wrote:
Quote:
This movie was a complete waste and I feel that it offends ALL Twilight Fans around the world, that including myself.

Awesome.

Quote:
How can a werewolf be killed with a silver bullet?

Why do vampires sparkle?

Hey, you know what repels Twilight fans? A good story. (cue drums and cymbals)

Quote:
He sits in some chair and his entire body turns in to some mutated freak.

Isn't that the point?

Quote:
Everyone knows that Stephenie Meyer created werewolves, and now you hacks have been exposed! Good luck defending yourselves in court!!

Wow...

Anyway, the fact that this movie has Hopkins makes it infinitely better than Twilight in my eyes.

I saw one of the old b&w wolfman movies... the only thing I remember was that it was beaten to death in the end... with a cane with a silver handle in the shape of a wolf's head. Those old movies were very suspenseful.

LOL I am a Twilight fan but in no way did this movie rip off any of the stories. It's irritating that now people think Vamps and wolves are all about glam.