Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Space
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 9:25 pm

anyone seen this show? It's on Teletoon after Futurama on friday nights, here in Canada. In the usa it's part of adult swim on teletoon. It's also easy to find on bit torrents if you want to DL some episodes. I think it's pretty damn funny, who here watches it?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 9:42 pm

I watch the Boondocks. I have a goal of recording every show on Adult Swim. My life is not complete without it.

Tim

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 9:57 pm

I really like this show

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 2:33 pm

I saw the first few episodes--they were okay. I like the comics much better. The show's funny by TV comedy standards but TV comedy standards are quite low, and the voice actors really bugged me because I imagined them being totally different. But I can see why someone'd like it.

Odda
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Location: Caught in the depths, and infinite vastness of cyberspace.

13 Apr 2006, 6:19 pm

Love that show.

jellynail
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 May 2006, 9:07 am

Yes, it's a great show, at least as good as the comic strip, and I'm trying to get everyone I know interested in it. Apparently it's one of those shows no one watches because everyone has a preconceived notion of what they'd see if they did.

I find it very educational. I really need to blacken up. :oops: Almost chickened out and erased that, but I'll post it.

http://jellynail.vox.com/

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2006, 11:44 pm

i have all the episodes on my computer.

huey is most definately an aspie....for any doubts, consult "a huey freeman christmas."

such a great show and great comic strip.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2006, 11:45 pm

Veresae wrote:
I saw the first few episodes--they were okay. I like the comics much better. The show's funny by TV comedy standards but TV comedy standards are quite low, and the voice actors really bugged me because I imagined them being totally different. But I can see why someone'd like it.

john witherspoon is the perfect actor for grandpa and if you disagree, you're dead to me. :p

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2006, 8:02 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Veresae wrote:

john witherspoon is the perfect actor for grandpa and if you disagree, you're dead to me. :p

Consider me a grave, then. He performs the part well, it's just the complete opposite of how I imagined the character's voice. I was a fan of the comic strip, and of course imagined it differently. Ditto for most of the rest of the characters. That alone didn't ruin the show or anything, but I do disagree, and I don't appreciate you pre-judging me as worthless based on one disagreement. I absolutely hate screamo and death metal, but I won't consider someone dead to me just because their favorite groups are, say, Atreyu and Cradle of Filth, even though musical taste is definately something I care about.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2006, 8:17 pm

Veresae wrote:
I don't appreciate you pre-judging me as worthless based on one disagreement.

i was joking. hence the " :p "

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2006, 12:40 am

Oh...sorry. Been having a very...rough week. Hard to not take most things seriously right now.

jellynail
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 May 2006, 3:38 am

Remember when they made Garfield a cartoon? Wasn't expecting him to sound like Orson Welles.

Got used to it, though. Can't remember what I originally thought he'd sound like, actually.

http://jellynail.vox.com/

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2006, 6:32 pm

Veresae wrote:
Oh...sorry. Been having a very...rough week. Hard to not take most things seriously right now.

sorry you've been having a bad week. :(

Space
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2006, 10:39 pm

Veresae wrote:

what is that thing in your avatar veresae? Please don't freak out on me...I'm just curious.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2006, 11:22 pm

Space wrote:
Veresae wrote:

what is that thing in your avatar veresae? Please don't freak out on me...I'm just curious.

it reminds me of the art i saw in monkeybone.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2006, 12:16 am

Space wrote:
Veresae wrote:

Oh, I wouldn't freak out about that--it's just a question.

It's concept art for the Mad Hatter for the game "American McGee's Alice," one of my personal favorites. I do hope the film version is decent, but with Marcus Nispel at the helm I'm not too optimistic (especially considering how disappointingly awful the early reviews have been for his recent/upcoming Viking movie "Pathfinder").