Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 2:41 pm

Who else thinks this one-season show was rather cool. I do not imagine that it had no faults, but all shows do (especially nowadays, it seems to me, that shows consist primarily of faults and little else.)

Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2011, 2:45 pm

Excellent show. I recently watched the whole thing plus the theatrical move "Serenity" in one weekend.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 3:04 pm

LOVED Firefly and Serenity.

Makes me sad it's just another show that should have run longer than they let it. Just like Jericho. Remember that one?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 3:16 pm

AngelRho wrote:
LOVED Firefly and Serenity.

Makes me sad it's just another show that should have run longer than they let it. Just like Jericho. Remember that one?

No, I haven't seen Jericho. There were a few other shows produced around the same time which only lasted for about one season also. I suppose their target audience was just too fickle at that time, although it would be neat if producers would take the hint that people nowadays seem to be respecting more of the Firefly type shows and not so much of shows like Stargate Universe.

Mack27 wrote:
Excellent show. I recently watched the whole thing plus the theatrical move "Serenity" in one weekend.

Cool.

ZeroGravitas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Mar 2011, 3:20 pm

I too love the series. I didn't find out about it until I saw it on dvd, long after it was cancelled.

I'm glad I saw it this way, because apparently they butchered the episode order while it was on the air.

Check out this site: http://fireflychinese.kevinsullivansite.net/

You can browse through and see translations and transliterations of most of the Chinese insults/threats used in both the series and the movies.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt156929.html - How to annoy me

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 4:03 pm

I'd suggest you check out the three trade paperbacks/graphic novels they've released, especially if you want to know about Book's past (that's volume 3).

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 4:36 pm

I love that show. I own the season DVD and need to acquire Serenity to add to my collection. ^.^

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 4:40 pm

I saw Serenity back in 06, but didn't think much of it. However, I recently discovered the series and love it.

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 4:42 pm

Great show! Now please tell me where I can sign on as part of her crew and get the f*** off of this planet.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 5:47 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Who else thinks this one-season show was rather cool. I do not imagine that it had no faults, but all shows do (especially nowadays, it seems to me, that shows consist primarily of faults and little else.)

It was the best science fiction series I have yet to see. Much better than Rodenberry's Dreck.

Joss Whedon is a genius.

ruveyn

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 6:59 pm

Firefly and Serenity are good, don't get me wrong, but they pretty much copied the premise of Blake's 7. And it was certainly braver at times at where it went. What other TV show would have the main character framed for being a child molestor in the opening episode? And this was back in 1978.

On sabbatical...

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 12:03 am

Quatermass wrote:
Firefly and Serenity are good, don't get me wrong, but they pretty much copied the premise of Blake's 7. And it was certainly braver at times at where it went. What other TV show would have the main character framed for being a child molestor in the opening episode? And this was back in 1978.

how is a space western from 2002 like a space opera from 1978?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 6:25 am

Titangeek wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

how is a space western from 2002 like a space opera from 1978?

Absolutely witty lines. Joss Whedon is a genius.

ruveyn

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 9:49 am

I finally checked out this show recently. Great show. It's a shame that shows that actually look to develop a story and use dialog die out in favor of just mindless violence.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2011, 7:17 pm

Firefly is a cool Batman villain.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 7:18 pm

countzarroff wrote:
Firefly is a cool Batman villain.

Did you see his recent doings in Streets of Gotham? He basically turned half of Gotham into cases of spontaneous combustion. Including Black Mask.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson