Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ParrotGhost119
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Mar 2011, 11:41 pm

Just curious, since I am a huge fan of Transformers and I was hoping to find someone that shares my interests.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2011, 8:34 am

Oh yes I love Transformers. I like a lot of comic book character movies. I can't wait till the 3rd one comes out this summer.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2011, 8:38 am

The cartoons were cool, but I haven't seen the movies.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2011, 9:41 am

Im something of a Transformers fan, grew up with the G1 cartoon and G1 movie. Don't get me wrong, i loved the 07 movie, but didn't like Revenge of the Fallen. They just overdid the toilet humour and the Twins were plain annoying. Dark of the Moon is going to be better (I hope).

As for the comics, i read most of them in college and also have the IDW graphic novels that have all the G1 character profiles.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2011, 1:24 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die."

Hey, where's this quotation within your signature originally from?

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2011, 12:59 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die."

Hey, where's this quotation within your signature originally from?

Blade Runner, which is one of the best sci-fi films ever :D It's spoken by Rutger Hauer's replicant to Harrison Ford's detective, Hauer then dies after said speech.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 7:41 pm

I've never read any comic books. I've seen and got every single episode of the G1 series and the movie. Beast Wars is my favourite incarnation of the franchise mostly because I saw it first before G1. I've only ever seen 2 or 3 episodes of Beast Machines but not enough to like it. I've only seen a few episodes of RID and I think it's just not that good. The same could be said about Armada, Energon and Cybertron. The animation was awesome but everything else such as the dialouge and the portrails of some of the characters especially the humans was just down right dumb. The live action movie was just freaking awesome, the second one I have mixed feelings about and finally Transformers Animated was actually, despite the weird animation and silly humour (which was kinda funny at times) is an enjoyable show. Unlike the other shows (BW not included) it payed more of a tribute to G1 by using some of the same voice actors, the design of some of the characters based on their G1 counterparts and using characters that have not been seen in RID or the Unicron trilogy such as Bumblebee and Ratchet.

I haven't seen Transformers Prime yet but if it ever comes on I'll watch it.