Page 348 of 417 [ 6661 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351 ... 417  Next

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 10:12 pm

DeepHour wrote:
Coronation Street, four episodes from mid-December 1981

Eunice Gee walks out on Fred to take a job at Ben Critchley's hotel. Fred was also offered a job, but stubbornly refuses it, and now faces eviction from the flat. Hilda Ogden's house move collapses after the building society declines to offer the Ogdens a mortgage, owing to the fact that her layabout husband is 'self-employed' - in reality he 'works' as a window cleaner, and earns next to nothing. Deirdre Barlow feels the strain of having to put up with the moods of grumpy and ungrateful octogenarian uncle Albert, who lives with her and Ken.

How long have you been watching Coronation Street? What year did you start with? I see in the Internet Movie Database that the series started in 1960. Also, where do you watch it?

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2022, 10:19 pm

^ I watched the episodes as they were transmitted on Granada TV in the UK from about 1966 to 2012, on and off. Over the last few years, I've been watching old episodes on YouTube. I haven't watched any episodes from the last ten years.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 3:21 am

only fools and horses (dvd) where uncle albert turns out to have been a con-artist for decades
o wait its here :D :D :D :D

amboxer21
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2022, 6:09 am

I just finished watching this Kdrama(Korean drama) called It's Okay To Not Be Okay and immediately started rewatching it because I loved it so much! I cried hardest at the end as well as throughout the entire series but I also laughed, felt sad, angry, and everything in between!

This amazing series is about mental illness and healing. The two main leads had suffered from extreme trauma and they overcome it together leaning on each other to grow - helping each other grow! There is another main character and he has autism. I found that relevant to this forum and figured I would try to get you guys and gals to watch this amazing series that's on Netflix!

https://mydramalist.com/49865-psycho-but-it-s-okay

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 8:46 am

DeepHour wrote:
^ I watched the episodes as they were transmitted on Granada TV in the UK from about 1966 to 2012, on and off. Over the last few years, I've been watching old episodes on YouTube. I haven't watched any episodes from the last ten years.

Thank you.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 8:54 am

amboxer21 wrote:
I just finished watching this Kdrama(Korean drama) called It's Okay To Not Be Okay and immediately started rewatching it because I loved it so much! I cried hardest at the end as well as throughout the entire series but I also laughed, felt sad, angry, and everything in between!

This amazing series is about mental illness and healing. The two main leads had suffered from extreme trauma and they overcome it together leaning on each other to grow - helping each other grow! There is another main character and he has autism. I found that relevant to this forum and figured I would try to get you guys and gals to watch this amazing series that's on Netflix!

https://mydramalist.com/49865-psycho-but-it-s-okay

I've enjoyed the South Korean programs on Netflix.
I've added this to my Netflix list. Thank you.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 9:49 am

Nova: Ghosts of Stonehenge (2017)

Very interesting.
Something I learned - why was this site chosen?
The initial site was an outer ring of cremation burials. The practice lasted about 500 years and stones, called blue stones, were harvested from over a hundred miles away to marked the cremation remains. It is explained why this in known, even though the blue stones were eventually moved to the internal structure we identify as Stonehenge. They've found the area where the stones were harvested.

Why was this site chosen? The hypothesis is there are two parallel naturally occurring drainage ditches that formed a path, and the ditches and path aligned with the solstice. For an agricultural society, aware of the seasons, this path may have seemed divinely special.

It was very interesting.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2022, 3:16 pm

Last night we finished watching our way through the first two seasons of:

The Umbrella Academy [2019–?]
<=>"Super. Dysfunctional. Family."

I really can't describe it except with adjectives such as: "strange"..."fun"..."wonderful".

We look forward to subsequent seasons (apparently there will be two more).

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 3:55 am

Coronation Street, the last three episodes from December 1981

Fred Gee realizes that his short-lived marriage to Eunice must be over, but things take a turn for the better when Annie Walker lets him move back into his old room at the Rovers Return. Mrs Walker also introduces a daily 'cocktail hour' from 5:30 pm when drinks are served at reduced prices - this proves popular with the menfolk (especially Stan Ogden and Eddie Yeats), but less so with their wives. Emily Bishop receives news of the death of her bigamous 'husband' Arnold, and is left £2000 in his will, which she can't bring herself to accept.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 4:04 am

Stargirl.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 4:41 pm

The Limbo Connection, six episodes from the 'Armchair Thriller' series (1978-81)

Better than the last story I reviewed from this series, but still not much above an average rating. An alcoholic TV scriptwriter's journalist wife disappears, and he endeavours to solve the mystery. Initially suspected by the police (and everyone else) of being a paranoid conspiracy theorist, he is eventually vindicated when his suspicions about strange goings on at a private clinic are confirmed.

Stars James Bolam in the lead role - he's probably best known to UK viewers from 'The Likely Lads' and 'When The Boat Comes In', and I sometimes confuse him with singer Alan Price, to whom he bears some resemblance.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 7:01 pm

I just watched the last episode of Extraordinary Attorney Woo.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 7:03 pm

DeepHour wrote:

I remember my mother's cousin in Montreal watching it in 1967 and she told me then that it had been on for absolutely forever.

lol.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2022, 12:20 am

Doom Patrol.
Urban Legend.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2022, 6:40 am

Kolchak The Night Stalker.