Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 11:05 am

Has anybody seen this movie?
Its a really amazing movie, it really upsets me in some bits though.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 11:24 am

Yes - it's a really brilliant movie. I was moved to tears when I saw it for the first time on Channel 4 a couple of years ago.

Did you know that Paddy Considine (the fella who plays the Army psycho) actually has Asperger's Syndrome himself?

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 11:36 am

Tequila wrote:
Yes - it's a really brilliant movie. I was moved to tears when I saw it for the first time on Channel 4 a couple of years ago.

Did you know that Paddy Considine (the fella who plays the Army psycho) actually has Asperger's Syndrome himself?

Woah
I wasn't aware of that!

The ending scene of the film made me deeply upset, because I've been bullied and abused like that before. It was heart breaking.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 11:49 am

They did indeed do horrible things to him in that film - raping him, drugging him, forcing him to perform oral sex, physically assaulting him, psychologically tormenting him about his Army brother and eventually leaving him for dead while he hung himself...

…I have a huge understanding why the Army chap did what he did. And at the end of the day, these were your regular, local town small-time thugs. When up against someone like that they had no chance.

Last edited by Tequila on 25 Jun 2011, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 11:50 am

ScientistOfSound wrote:
Woah
I wasn't aware of that!

From the Maily Telegraph here.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 9:58 am

Dead Man's Shoes is an underrated gem, some of the scenes where the brother of Paddy Considine's avenging angel is humiliated literally gave me the chills.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 2:02 pm

Tequila wrote:

seriously! he's one of my favourite blokes (I'm really looking forward to his film Tyrannosaur due this year).

oh and Dead Man's Shoes - amazing! great acting by both of them.