New Evil Dead remake is pretty terrible.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

punkguy378
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2013, 10:48 pm

So the new Evil Dead just came out on Itunes so I decided to give it a try even though I had a bad feeling about it from the beginning. An Evil Dead movie without Bruce Campbell has to stink right? And yes so far it totally stinks. I am actually watching it right now. Needless to say I am not impressed.

Go watch the original 10 times and you will have a better time than watching this hackneyed plastic imitation. It is no different than most of the newer horror coming out with the exception of most found footage movies. Gore is not scary after 30 some years of it. It is just not scary anymore. At least the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre was halfway decent in my opinion and revitalized a classic especially since they cast R. Lee Ermey as the psychotic and deranged "sheriff". Although the the last two were awful.

This movie has two things going for it jack and s@%$ and jack just left town! Yeah I had to quote that famous line from Army of Darkness. I have heard rumors that Sam Raimi is interested in doing a second Army of Darkness and if they do I hope they do not make the same mistake they did with the unnecessary remake of Evil Dead.

Also did anyone ever realize that Sam Raimi makes an apperance in the mini series of the Shining. He was the gas station attendant.

Anyways what does everyone else think?

JDC6776
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jul 2013, 11:12 pm

This new version was supposed to be true to Raimi's original vision. But the limited special effects created the campy masterpieces that we all love. If anything it should just make you appreciate the originals more.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 11:30 pm

While comparisons to the original are inevitable, I still thought it wasn't a bad remake.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

punkguy378
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2013, 3:00 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
While comparisons to the original are inevitable, I still thought it wasn't a bad remake.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

I am about to finish watching it now. I mean I guess I was being unduly harsh. I have decided to finish watching it. Then I will really decide. They seemed to have altered the story from the original movie but apparently this is the original story by Raimi and the first movie was altered when they made it. Now this remake is the actual story as originally intended. Interesting. Maybe there is hope after all.