Star Trek: Nemesis 57%  57%  [ 8 ]
Star Trek: Insurrection 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Star Trek: Generations 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 14

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 5:59 pm

which Trek movie do you think is the worst?

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 6:29 pm

I wont answer since they're all fantastic peices of sci fi.

But perhaps the least fantastic is Nemisis

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 10:42 pm

I liked all of them, but the one that i liked the least was Star Trek: Generations, just seemed like such an arbitrary way to kill Kirk.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 12:17 am

Just say no to hate!

All Star Trek is intrinsically excellent, but the least excellent of the list would be V (still quite excellent). :wink:

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 12:22 pm

I'm torn between ST V: Grownups Are Stupid Sheep, featuring a starship crew committing mass mutiny because the nice Vulcan listened to their childhood traumas (and Scotty not knowing his way around his own ship!), and Nemesucks, with Action! Hero! Picard!, and a jeep (with wheels and everything!) with a pintel-mounted phaser. (If they were concerned about cultural contamination, there should not have been a phaser involved; if not, these people use casual gravitic control, and should have used some sort of contragravitic ground-effect vehicle. Also, the B-4 subplot was stupid, and rang in yet another version of Data not mentioned in decades of continuity.)

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 12:27 pm

Nemesis was so bad I didn't watch it all.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 12:31 pm

Moog wrote:
Nemesis was so bad I didn't watch it all.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 2:19 am

I made it through Nemesis. I didn't think it offered anything new or original, and to me it felt like Trek going through the motions. But I watched it from start to end.

Insurrection, however, I stopped watching about halfway through. I think it was because its feel was just so different from the Star Trek I knew and loved. I especially disliked the humour, the jokes in the movie.

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 9:56 am

My brief take on these four films:

Frontier: A conglomirated mess of ideas which were considered in the past only to be tossed aside.
Nemesis: had the TNG cast in a story with the pesimism of Enterprise. Ironic I suppose since TNG got the best small screen sendoff that they would get the worst big screen one.
Insurrection: felt like a two hour episode of TNG which could've been told in one.
Generation: although the most conceptual of all the ST films, had a couple redeeming points (the Enterprise crash scene and Malcolm McDowell as the main bad guy).

I'd have to give the dishonor of worst film to Nemesis with Final Frontier as a close second. Insurrection takes third and Generations is fourth.

Nil_Nil
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Sep 2011, 12:08 pm

Frontier I like the least overall but there's bits and pieces that are excellent. Voyage Home is on the same level. "Its the 80s Lets Save Some Money and do a Time Travel Themed Star Trek Movie" movie.

Anyway, imo watching the "Trouble with Tribbles" ST episode followed by the Deep Space Nine tribbles episode is better than all those other movies except Wrath and Search for Spok, but that's me. :lol:

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2011, 12:09 pm

Nil_Nil wrote:
Frontier I like the least overall but there's bits and pieces that are excellent. Voyage Home is on the same level. "Its the 80s Lets Save Some Money and do a Time Travel Themed Star Trek Movie" movie.

Anyway, imo watching the "Trouble with Tribbles" ST episode followed by the Deep Space Nine tribbles episode is better than all those other movies except Wrath and Search for Spok, but that's me. :lol:

Trouble with Tribbles was funny :lol:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 2:52 pm

Nemesis sucked! Acting, writing, and directing was waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy off
from the other movies!