Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 7:16 am

Just was wondering anyone here is a huge NCIS or CSI fan? I'm now getting into Person of Interest. I wonder why Finch has a limp. Was that explained in Season 1? I just watched the first episode of the new season. It was good. That evil woman, Caroline who kidnapped Finch needs to disappear. I didn't catch the first episode of CSI's new season yet. I did see NCIS and glad to see Ducky is fine. Did anyone see Elementary last night?

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

mv
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 7:35 am

I love "Person of Interest" and no, I don't think Finch's limp has been explained (or maybe it was, late last season? My memory stinks).

I watched "Elementary", too, and I'm sad that I'm sure it's not long for this world. Johnny Lee Miller has almost no chemistry with Lucy Liu, but maybe they can just be friendly colleagues. I love the premise of it, but the mystery and the a-ha! moment were terribly contrived. In my opinion.

I've never seen "NCIS".

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 11:48 am

Love NCIS, the original one. Not too fond of the LA thing. I recorded "Elementary". I'll be watching tonight with Hubby.
I don't watch the show CSI, but I do enjoy the Wii game. It's better than the NCIS game.

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 12:20 pm

I watched JAG and I liked it. I never enjoyed CSI :?

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 12:44 pm

mv wrote:
I love "Person of Interest" and no, I don't think Finch's limp has been explained (or maybe it was, late last season? My memory stinks).

I watched "Elementary", too, and I'm sad that I'm sure it's not long for this world. Johnny Lee Miller has almost no chemistry with Lucy Liu, but maybe they can just be friendly colleagues. I love the premise of it, but the mystery and the a-ha! moment were terribly contrived. In my opinion.

I've never seen "NCIS".

I agree about "Elementary". We've watched NCIS for many seasons now, despite the fact that my husband likes to point out technical errors in some of the military things. The first episode we watched had to do with some murdered paratroopers and he made such a huge deal over the way their parachutes were done (he's a former paratrooper himself), I'm surprised he wanted to watch it again.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 3:23 pm

I saw the new version of Hawaii-5-0 a while back, and while it's a good show, it lacks the cultural accuracy of the original version.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2012, 7:17 pm

I just watched "Elementary". I think I'll reserve my judgement for a while. A lot of reasonably good shows have a time period of adjustment for chemistry to develop between actors. The beginning of "Home Improvement" was a bit awkward to me as far as the relationship between "Tim" and "Jill". I think the show may draw people suffering from withdrawal from Hugh Laurie's "House" character. Maybe they're counting on similarities between "House" and "Holmes". (I just saw the silly coincidence, :roll: "House and Holmes" D'oh.)

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

29 Sep 2012, 2:41 pm

GreyGirl wrote:
I just watched "Elementary". I think I'll reserve my judgement for a while. A lot of reasonably good shows have a time period of adjustment for chemistry to develop between actors. The beginning of "Home Improvement" was a bit awkward to me as far as the relationship between "Tim" and "Jill". I think the show may draw people suffering from withdrawal from Hugh Laurie's "House" character. Maybe they're counting on similarities between "House" and "Holmes". (I just saw the silly coincidence, :roll: "House and Holmes" D'oh.)

In fact House was inspired from Holmes. House = Homes, Wilson= Watson. I actually would say so far that House seems to be closer to Holmes than Elementary. Although I would prefer to watch the BBC's version of Sherlock.

I enjoy CBS shows although I do get bored of them after awhile. My wife loves them so I watch them with her but after awhile I find myself losing interst.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 8:30 am

Did anyone catch NCIS on Tues? I'm confused about the Miranda character. I thought at first she was one of Gibbs's ex girlfriends. She has red hair I believe, very curly, British accent.

Thanks

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 2:00 pm

The only show on CBS I ever really got in to was Jericho, and then they canceled that and fans complained, so they brought it back for a second season of 7 episodes which were even better than the first season, and they canceled it again. CBS just really doesn't like shows with an ongoing plot and only wants to show procedurals.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 4:05 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
Did anyone catch NCIS on Tues? I'm confused about the Miranda character. I thought at first she was one of Gibbs's ex girlfriends. She has red hair I believe, very curly, British accent.

Thanks

I saw it. She's a fantastic actress, Alex Kingston. I saw her in a made for TV adaptation of Moll Flanders quite some years ago. She also was on E. R., I think. The character she was playing was a shady type who fences stolen things and deals in illegal goods.