Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Johnalin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Dec 2012, 2:10 pm

So the other day, I saw Skyfall in my local cinema.
During the trailers, there was this one film that caught my attention. I told myself that when I go home I'll go online and read more about this movie. But of course, I forgot its name.
It was a romantic comedy type film that I think might be about an Aspie (like Adam or Mozart and the Whale). The trailer showed two socially awkward people, and at first they seemed to hate each other. There was one part where she said something like "you're socially awkward" and then he said "no you're socially awkward". Anyway, the guy ends up asking the girl out. And then they are going out. And then there is a scene in the trailer that shows him talking with his family or his friend about how she's "different" or something and then he says something like "so what I'm also different". So yeah I think that either the guy or the girl maybe have Aspergers, but I might be wrong (in the trailer they don't say anything about Aspergers anyway).
Either way, I desperately want to know what this film is called, so hopefully there is someone here that knows what movie I'm talking about.
Thanks

And BTW, I'm sure that this movie ISN'T The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 3:01 pm

If the mention football in the film then it's called Silver Linings Playbook.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 3:05 pm

If its Silver Linings Playbook, I believe he is supposed to be Bipolar, and she is a depressed widow. Or so I have read, I haven't seen the movie but it has been getting a lot of good reviews.

Johnalin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Dec 2012, 9:49 am

Yes the movie is indeed Silver Linings Playbook. Thanks, it was driving me mad not knowing what's it called, even though I'm not even sure if I'm going to go see the film.