TV Shows/Episodes that have made you cry

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 1:15 pm

As we have one for movies, I thought to do one for tv.

One that did make me cry was on the Captain Planet episode Last of Her Kind, especially when Kwame said he couldn't imagine a world without elephants. I was like 'neither can I!'. No Place like Home, too, where Gaia goes to help the puppies and their mother. Also Energy Vampire, that Nukem is taking the energy from Captain Planet, and he sends the message to everyone to turn off their power.

That's got to be the show that's most emotional for me.lolI suppose it is because the planeteers and Captain Planet were heroes whose priorities was saving the Earth, and I'm quite a nature lover. Also the times they rescued Captain Planet. It's the only show where I don't have a favorite villain, too. I dislike them all. Nukem, Plunder, Blight, Sludge, Skum, Zarm, all.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2010, 1:31 pm

The Winner.

You'd think the guy who made Family Guy wouldn't have sucked this much at live action sitcoms.

Oren
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 1:33 pm

Most of the Monk detective shows. Especially the one when he realized he would be a bad parent for a little child he wanted to adopt.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 2:03 pm

The last episode of most anime usually just makes me sad :(, especially if I first saw the anime when I was a little kid and they're doing the flashback thing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqKwN95PnNo[/youtube]

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 2:36 pm

Oren wrote:
Most of the Monk detective shows. Especially the one when he realized he would be a bad parent for a little child he wanted to adopt.

Seconded.

Also, these NASH BRIDGES episodes: "Hot Prowler", "Resurrection" and "Jackpot Part 2". ("El Diablo" was pretty hard to watch, too, what with Evan coming thisclose to committing suicide.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 3:57 pm

Lost episodes...

SPOILER WARNING for the below

"Exodus pt 1" when the raft leaves
"Greatest Hits" various scenes with Charlie of course
"The Constant" the phone call scene (didnt cry the first time I saw it but it broke me after a couple of repeated viewings)
"Ji Yeon" Sun visiting the grave
"There's No Place Like Home pt 3" when Penny and Desmond are reunited
"The Little Prince" when Sawyer travels back in time to see Kate delivering Aaron
"Whatever Happened, Happened" Kate decides to go back to the island to find Claire
"The Incident" Rose & Bernard talk about staying on the island and facing the end
"Dr Linus" Ben's speech
"The Candidates" freakin bloodbath this episode was!
"The End" final scene

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 5:06 pm

this never made me cry, but Avatar the Last Airbender, book 2: episode 11: The desert was a powerful episode. Also a lot of Batman TAS are powerful as well

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 5:19 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
Lost episodes...

SPOILER WARNING for the below

"Exodus pt 1" when the raft leaves
"Greatest Hits" various scenes with Charlie of course
"The Constant" the phone call scene (didnt cry the first time I saw it but it broke me after a couple of repeated viewings)
"Ji Yeon" Sun visiting the grave
"There's No Place Like Home pt 3" when Penny and Desmond are reunited
"The Little Prince" when Sawyer travels back in time to see Kate delivering Aaron
"Whatever Happened, Happened" Kate decides to go back to the island to find Claire
"The Incident" Rose & Bernard talk about staying on the island and facing the end
"Dr Linus" Ben's speech
"The Candidates" freakin bloodbath this episode was!
"The End" final scene

The Constant was the biggest tear jerker Lost ep. that made me cry. Just beautifully done that scene with Penny and Desmoney. And Charlie's compiling his "Greatest Hits" list in the ep. of the same name did it to me too, especially when he declared the night he met Claire to be the best moment of his life.

I think that and all the deaths in "The Candidate" was another big tear jerker moment of show but I managed to man up and not cry during the Candidate - I think I never felt all that attached to Sun, Jin, or Sayid. The closes I came to crying was when Hurley cries at the end, on the beach.

Actually, I teared up a bit in "The End" at a few places - when Charlie "remembers" after helping to deliver Aaron, and when Kate gives Jack that farewell kiss.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 4:19 pm

I didn't actually cry but it made me feel inside.
Fry's Dog
Fry's Nephew
Leela meets her parents
Picard's Flute
Tasha Yar dies
Sisko dies but comes back when Old Jake dies
The Infant Changeling dies
Ross and Rachel break up while the others are in Monica's room
Will's father abandons him a second time
Dinobot dies
Homer is sitting on the car looking at the stars with sad music in the background after his Mother leaves
There's a lot more but I can't think of any for now.

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 12:48 am

st-tng episode 'tin man'. man, how i wanted to be the one to bond with the spacecraft.

every episode of 'animal police' on animal planet.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 6:14 am

Dinobot's death in Beast Wars, deep down i was blubbing like a nipper. He was one of my favourite characters as well, it felt pointless to bring him back as a Transmetal.

Mr Freeze's mourning in Heart of Ice (Batman TAS) - when he sits in his cell and laments his failure to save his wife. It gives me chills everytime, but makes me cry inside.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 10:34 am

BSG: Exodus Pt. II When Ellen dies.

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 2:10 pm

The Wild Thornberrys episode "Forget Me Not"
Eliza looks for an elephant named Rebeca that her father saved from poachers 20 years ago. The two of them are reunited, but Rebeca ends up dying from old age.

And the episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog, "The Last of the Starmakers"
A space squid that makes stars falls to earth just as her eggs are about to hatch. The military gets involved & wants to use the squid & her eggs for research. Courage rescues them in time for the eggs to hatch & the babies to go back into space while the mother turns into a garden.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 2:30 pm

How bout that episode of Recess where the hamster died. I remember my sister crying because we use to have a hamster. I can't remember if he was still alive when we were watching this episode.

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 2:32 pm

"It's Only a Paper Moon" from Deep Space Nine.

jerrylewis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Apr 2011, 5:46 am

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Green Mile (Oh god I teared up constantly)
Lars and the Real Girl