don't forget the premiere of 24 is tonight!

Page 14 of 18 [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 7:06 pm

This year started very exciting but has slowed down allot. Too many political scenes, although this was less of a before probably because of better actors and better scripts. Starting the season (well, hour 4) with a nuke might have in retrospect been a mistake (not in terms of ratings but in terms of story) because it made it harder to shock you with big stuff later on. It would have been interesting if they ended the season with a nuke, although I'm not sure how they could have done it since Jack is always near the BIG IMPORTANT EVENT at that point and not having him there would be a big giveaway.

Maybe this:
JACK: "We disarmed the nuke."
BILL: "Thank god."
"JACK: "Wait, something's wrong..."
TECHNICIAN: It's not, this isn't.
JACK: DAMN IT! It's not the real nuke.
(The real nuke goes off not in Los Angeles)

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2007, 1:09 pm

Also, the Palmer boys really need to do a better job of picking Vice Presidents.

While I was sick yesterday, I had a debate with myself about what job Daniels had held before becoming VP. He said that he had brought credibility on security issues to the Palmer campaign, so that might indicate he's served in the military, or possibly on one of the Armed Services Committees in Congress, or both. It's also possibly he has served in the Defense Department Bureaucracy before. But he also seems strong-willed and used to having his own way, so that would seem to indicate he has served in a high-ranking position, possibly as a governor of a large state (Texas?). Then again, Lyndon Johnson was almost as bossy, and he had little executive experience until he was elected Vice President. So it's possible that Daniels may have been the Majority Leader in the US Senate.

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2007, 7:56 pm

They need to move the show out of LA. How many times can terrorists try to attack the same place before they get the message? They need to find a city where they don't expect the CTU guys to be so competent, only it turns out that Jack coincidentally finds himself in that exact same city (like on a vacation or something) so the bad guys still end up getting their asses kicked. BTW, do you think they brought in Rick(y) Schroeder because he looks enough like Kiefer to be his replacement? So maybe Doyle goes back to Denver, and they set the next season there, with him as the central character.

POST #100!! WOO-HOO!!

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2007, 10:11 pm

steelback wrote:
They need to move the show out of LA. How many times can terrorists try to attack the same place before they get the message? They need to find a city where they don't expect the CTU guys to be so competent, only it turns out that Jack coincidentally finds himself in that exact same city (like on a vacation or something) so the bad guys still end up getting their asses kicked. BTW, do you think they brought in Rick(y) Schroeder because he looks enough like Kiefer to be his replacement? So maybe Doyle goes back to Denver, and they set the next season there, with him as the central character.

POST #100!! WOO-HOO!!

Well, continuing the show without Jack is a possibility, but I really think that is Jack who makes the show. I don't know if I would still watch it without Jack--I mean, I've got it in my mind that it is Jack Bauer on 24, not some dude named Doyle. So I hope not.

But moving the show from LA wouldn't change anything but location, and 24 isn't about LA, it's about a Federal Agent stopping terrorists. So the stories would still be the same anywhere else in the world.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 12:00 am

On Day 1, Ryan Chappelle rode into town.

On Day 2, Ryan came back, this time bringing Brad Hammond with him.

On Day 3, Ryan came back and got whacked.

On Day 4, Bill Buchanan graced CTU Los Angeles with his presence.

On Day 5, Lynn "Rudy" McGill and Karen Hayes tried to gum up the works and failed.

But on Day 6, no one from Division has come to CTU yet. Have they forgotten that CTU LA is where all the action is? Don't they care what those crazy kids at CTU are doing?

And I'm still annoyed that Ryan's cousin Dave got his show cancelled. :(

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 12:33 am

But I thought the dude who tried to bring down Doyle was on loan from Division. I will go re-watch the eipsode and confirm. Also, in case anyone is wanting a very good laugh, watch tonight's South Park episode "The Snuke" wherein South Park meets 24.

http://mrtwig.net/

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 12:05 pm

But he wasn't a bigwig.

And I hope they don't set the show in Denver. Not exactly the best of targets. Actually, I can see it now...

(A terrorist henchman, carrying a large bag with skis and ski poles sticking out of it, walks up to terrorist leader)

Henchman: Okay, so I'm heading to Denver to set off that bomb. (Puts his hand to his mouth to cover his giggling)

Leader: Ah, good, now those Coloradan infidels will pay. For far too long, they have flaunted their beautiful mountains, their snow-covered slopes, and their picturesque landscapes.

H: (Dreamily) Yeah...

L: Now we will show them the truth of the world, that their government is run by cowards whose only purpose is to spread pain and suffering throughout the world, and who have no god but the sinful vanty of wealth, and who...

H: Yeah, I've heard that speech before. Listen, I gotta go. The forecast says the snow on the slopes will be two feet deep!

L: (Stares in stony silence)

H: Er, um, and that will make it all the more noticeable when the mountains run red with the blood of the Yankees.

L: I see. Well, may God go with you, my friend. Here is your ticket to Denver.

H: And, um, about that $25,000 you promised my family when I martyr myself...

L: Yes?

H: Well, one of my buddies from the madrasa will be in Denver, so I figured I could just give the money to him, and he can give it to my family. Less hassle for you.

L: Good idea. (Hands henchman roll of bills)

H: Okay, I guess I will see you in Aspen, er, Paradise, I mean. Oh, and remember, if you don't hear anything on the news about my martyrdom, it is because the infidel Yankees want to cover it up. And you certainly don't want to send anyone else to Colorado to rescue me, since there will be all kinds of radiation and fallout and it will just be a mess. (Leaves)

L: (Glowing) Bless that man. He is one of our most dedicated soldiers, going to Colorado at the height of winter to martyr himself. What I could do with 50 men like him...

The End

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 12:12 pm

Yeah, on the other hand, there is the University of Colorado that is a training ground for real-life economic/social terrorists (although they don't see it that way) because it is a stronghold for Marxists. That could be an interesting twist of events----instead of worrying about muslim terrorists, we could focus on a threat that isn't so "racially profiling." It could be interesting...or not.

I have decided to stay judgement on the season until the last episode is over, and I have time to properly determine how I felt about it all coming together. In my opinion, Season Four was my least favorite.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 12:58 pm

I would like to see them go after some domestic terrorists for once. After all, it wasn't Fayed's friends who bombed the Oklahoma City federal building.

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Apr 2007, 8:57 pm

8O 8O 8O

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 9:07 pm

I am disappointed in Jack. He did not take Gredenko's arm into custody. Who knows what kind of valuable information it had.

Also, Bill is apparently a world-class sprinter. One second, he is in his office talking to his wife, and the next he is in the situation room overseeing the kind of stuff that a CTU Director oversees.

Thank god that evil Daniels has been taken care of. Now we can all breathe easier. Oh, wait...

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 9:09 pm

8O what? what happened? i watched the first half and then i wandered out of the room to get a snack and then i was distracted by my sister playing her name gamecube game...one of these days i'll watch the whole episode. i left after lennox told the vp that he had been recording all of his conversations. man, he was screwed.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 9:11 pm

werbert wrote:
Also, Bill is apparently a world-class sprinter. One second, he is in his office talking to his wife, and the next he is in the situation room overseeing the kind of stuff that a CTU Director oversees.

yeah, i thought that was a little strange.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 9:22 pm

tinky wrote:
8O what? what happened? i watched the first half and then i wandered out of the room to get a snack and then i was distracted by my sister playing her name gamecube game...one of these days i'll watch the whole episode. i left after lennox told the vp that he had been recording all of his conversations. man, he was screwed.
Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Bauer smells, Palmer laid an egg.
The CTU-mobile lost a wheel,
And Gredenko got away.

And then died.

I think I'm going to have to make some room on my mantle for a Grammy. Or a Nobel Prize for Literature. But probably both.

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 9:45 pm

24 rocks.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 10:06 pm

CTU has discovered Heisenberg's Compensator and can now transport from room to room, thereby saving the valuable seconds it takes to walk down the stairs.

Also, Jack can't be shot, can he? He is just knocked unconscious, right? RIGHT? RIGHT?! !

And Gredneko---what a way to die: lose consciousness due to MASSIVE BLOOD LOSS and then drown in the Pacific Ocean.

At last Fayed is in custody. Too bad the preview for next week doesn't look good at all.

Who thinks Doyle is really the mole? Who do you think he was pointing the gun at in the preview for next week?

Also, maybe the adrenaline is making Palmer 2.0 go a little KARAZY, like some kind of weird drug trip or something. Is it PCP that makes people super strong and impervious to pain? Maybe the DOCTOR is really in the services of Papa Bauer and Co.? Hmmm...

Lennox isn't a weasel anymore, but I still don't trust him. He's too good at lying.