don't forget the premiere of 24 is tonight!

Page 15 of 18 [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 11:32 pm

how many times can a man be knocked unconscious sheesh...shouldn't he have some concussion after being knocked around so much?

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 11:38 pm

And shouldn't they all be at least a little worried about fallout/ radiation poisoning etc etc?

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 11:45 pm

Jack Bauer can suck in all that radiation poisoning just like Superman. And then he'll blow it back out to heat up his ramen noodles.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 12:20 pm

Here's something I think they got wrong. The 25th Amendment says that the principal officers of the executive departments (and the VP) will decide whether or not the president is fit for duty. Karen Hayes, as National Security Advisor, is not in charge of any executive departments. She is attached to the Executive Office of the President. Allowing her to vote on whether or not to invoke the 25th Amendment is like giving a vote to the White House Chief of Staff, or to the president's press secretary. So that means that Daniels was right, and her vote was invalid, although not for the reason he put forth.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 1:34 pm

Here's a thought: When this season started, I figured that Wayne had decided to run for President after David Palmer's assassination. However, I just realized that it is possible that Wayne may have been a presidential candidate before his brother got killed. Maybe his campaign was faltering, and David's death was just the shot in the arm Wayne needed to vault to the front of the pack.

No pun intended.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 2:32 pm

Perhaps...

I was also thinking about what could be causing Vice President Daniels is so trigger happy to nuke MidEastia because he never got the chance to end WWIII against the Russians and Cubans and Mexicans who invaded America in the classic Red Dawn. It could be he is trying to prove that could have ended the war had he not foolishly leapt upon a Russian tank in the middle of a battle...

Also about NSA and the validity of her vote---perhaps in 24Land the NSA (National Security Agency) is an executive department, and K-Hayes, as National Security Advisor allowed to vote. I mean, right now, isn't the NSA part of the DoD? (I love talking in acronyms; it makes me feel very smart.)

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 3:00 pm

The National Security Agency is, I believe, part of the DOD. But the National Security Advisor has nothing to do with them, except for the obvious connection to government that they share. The advisor basically gives advice to the president on national security matters, while the agency is responsible for combing through intelligence (I think the agency has only Chloes, Milos, and Morrises, and no Jacks).

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 3:44 pm

werbert wrote:
Here's something I think they got wrong. The 25th Amendment says that the principal officers of the executive departments (and the VP) will decide whether or not the president is fit for duty. Karen Hayes, as National Security Advisor, is not in charge of any executive departments. She is attached to the Executive Office of the President. Allowing her to vote on whether or not to invoke the 25th Amendment is like giving a vote to the White House Chief of Staff, or to the president's press secretary. So that means that Daniels was right, and her vote was invalid, although not for the reason he put forth.

Not we have two reasons to contact Fox!

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 3:59 pm

werbert wrote:
The National Security Agency is, I believe, part of the DOD. But the National Security Advisor has nothing to do with them, except for the obvious connection to government that they share. The advisor basically gives advice to the president on national security matters, while the agency is responsible for combing through intelligence (I think the agency has only Chloes, Milos, and Morrises, and no Jacks).

Yes, I figured as much. But maybe in 24Land...no, you are right. We must ususpend our reality suspension system (RSS) for political inaccuracies. :)

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 4:32 pm

OK. I like last night's episode more then a lot of episodes this year.

I believe that Werbert is right. The National Security Adviser* is not part of the cabinet (he/she is within the "Executive Office of the President"). I also think the details (also the sets) of the Executive branch this year have beenlame and absurdly unrealistic (I am saying this expecting unrealistic things). Vice President Powers Booth (not his real name, but wouldn't that be cool) is too freakin' obviously bad. Why is the President's sister around? Where was she handling the brief for the Supreme Court? Is she really the best person? I realize it's a TV show but she is the most annoying person on the show.

*We obviously are watching a TV show in an alternate universe where elections occur in 2002/2006 and the NSA is part of the Cabinet.

(souce on Cabinet)

from the previous show: I don't think the Secret Service would have liked the fact that his President Wayne's sister and NSA Chief Bill's Wife risked the President's life. Where the heck where they? I know...TV show.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT MILO AND NADIA'S RELATIONSHIP!! !

BOO HOO! NSA Head Bill Wife is sad, and Bill is comforting her. Remember when CTA Head Bill was a strong character? What the heck?

I used to like tough rude head agent guy (the head of tactical), but he annoyed me when he deleted the thing that implicated Milo in a mistake. Jack wouldn't have done that.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 4:48 pm

The Television Without Pity 24 section has a poll for "favorite mentally disabled character" and KIM BAUER is the definite winner. The poll made me smile, because I hated Kim Bauer. A lot. Like I would intentionally fastforward whenever she showed up on screen. But yes, Webert is correct about the NSA and the cabinet. I know this. I am tired of Milo and Nadia. I want more Jack and more Chloe. I don't care about Doyle---he had better not be being groomed to take over for Jack. I will probably stop watching the show if that happened. And did I mention I want Chloe back? The Chloe we have known and loved since Season Three? What have they done with her? I think that Doyle is manipulating Nadia. If he wasn't planning on using her for something, he wouldn't have shown her what he was doing. And I guess I just don't understand why in SOME episodes the person in the Kiefer Kube (aka the Big Glass Office that the Boss of CTU uses) has remote access to computer stations, while in OTHERS the Boss Man has to use lackeys to get the information he needs. Maybe they should get Apple computers and use Apple Remote Desktop so they can ALWAYS have access...

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 4:51 pm

yeah, milo and nadia are beginning to bore me. i miss chloe...

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 5:01 pm

dexkaden wrote:
I hated Kim Bauer. A lot. Like I would intentionally fastforward whenever she showed up on screen.

Yes. But what about when she was running from place to place. ... (sorry, guy thing)

Doyle, that's his name. He was kinda cool, but then they started to try to make him like us by making him nice. That was a mistake.

Chloe is Chloe. She can do no wrong (well she was kinda annoying with the baby, but that was long ago).

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 7:17 pm

Bill and Karen have the worst romantic chemistry since well, Chase and Kim, I suppose. I guess it's because they both seem so manly and rugged.

Oh, and I am probably going to be crucified for saying this, but I never liked Chloe.

Doyle is okay, but he looks sort of lost. I think he needs to get back together with his mentor, Division Director Sipowicz, who can interrogate terrorists by threatening to show them his butt. :lol:

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 7:46 pm

crucified, yes, and then cut down and drawn and quartered before you die. Chloe is AWESOME! But, you are entitled to your opinion...as silly as it is. Doyle always looks like he just needs to start dancing. I dunno why, but everytime I see him on screen, I can also just picture him on ice skates doing some dance routine, or even some interpretive dancing.

Actually, I can see all the the 24 cast doing some sort of 24 On Ice show...or a 24 ballet. Hmm...

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2007, 9:02 pm

Damn, Wayne made that unnamed country and its unnamed (and poorly acted)ambassador his b***h.