don't forget the premiere of 24 is tonight!

Page 13 of 18 [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 3:34 pm

dexkaden wrote:
Actually, it could fit nicely into my plan to meld some of the greatest shows on television together. We'd have Jack Bauer in severe--but undiagnosable--pain that lands him in the hospital. Because his problem is undiagnosable, Bauer is flown to Princeton Plainsburo Teaching Hospital where one Dr. Greogry House gets his case. Because Foreman and Chase and Cameron can't be spared to go look for possible causes in LA, we get the heads of CSI, CSI: Miami, and CSI: NY and their respective teams to go help CTU figure things out instead. It could be cool...plus I'd get Bauer and House in the same room. That would be intense.

now that would be interesting...

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 4:35 pm

Yeah, I like to close my eyes and imagine it sometimes. That is the greatest thing about my Autistic head I think. I can close my eyes and imagine the most wonderful scenarios. And then people tell me I can't have an imagination BECAUSE I am Autistic... oh well. I love to close my eyes and imagine scenarios. It gets me odd looks sometimes, since I am smiling and sometimes laughing at nothing but what I see in my head. It's too bad I can't just hook a projector up to my brain and SHOW the world what I see.

So, back to 24...

who do you think the Mole is in CTU who is manipulating the drones from the inside? It would be cliche to have it be Nadia. MAYBE IT IS MORRIS! That would throw things for a loop! Or maybe it is the new can't-act-to-save-his-life dude from Denver who assaulted Morris for doing his job. Don't like him at all.

And what is the deal with no post-nuclear-explosion panic? People are selling fruit? Playing tennis? Seriously. I am all about the 24 universe and all, but geez!

Mrs. Logan is crazy. Pure crazy. She needs to be institutionalized, not let out to live on her own. I am talking restraints here. But that stabbing of Charles Logan (who I cannot bring myself to call former president anymore) was one of the best moments of the season so far. And her reaction! Man, oh man! Screaming and wailing and crying and---it was nutso!

It was nice to see Agent Aaron Pierce, though. Nice of him to also dodge shaking Charles' hand. Nice touch, I thought.

But Chloe is back. Oh, her interactions with Charles Logan were classic Chloe. "Sorry, I am ambiguous."

And Jack can turn anything into a weapon. If you gave him a Q-tip or peanut he could kill someone with it. A belt is easy for him; just lasso it around Hunt for Red October's hands and then shoot him.

Too bad about the man who got Jack the sattelite phone; could have seen his death coming a mile off. And at least the Russian president had more sense than the crazy Chinese dudes.

Quick Question: What do James Bond and Jack Bauer have in common?

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 9:05 pm

it's hard to watch mike doyle/rick shroeder http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0005401/ on 24 because he played the happy nurse paul flowers on scrubs...now, i have to deal with peter macnicol/tom lennox/ghostbusters II guy and rick schroeder/mike doyle/janosz :?

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 9:08 pm

If Bill O'Reilly watches 24, I'll bet he was rooting for the bomb to destroy San Francisco. It would have been a win-win for him. He would have gotten to see SF (and its large homosexual population) get flamed (no pun intended), and he would have gotten to see a country with a lot of brown people get nuked. :D

I'll say this, CTU definitely has gotten more efficient. In the first season, it took them almost 24 hours to realize that Nina was a mole. Now, the time between realizing there is a mole, and the discovery of said mole is down to half-an-hour. Not that I believe that Nadia actually is the mole.

Poor Audrey.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 10:05 pm

I doubt that Nadia is the mole. It is too convenient, too efficient, too cliche. I hope it's Doyle because he makes me angry. Almost as angry as Tigger Happy Vice President Powers Boothe. I REALLY hate him.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2007, 10:14 pm

I noticed they have not named the country that is sson to be ash.

I think that's because Daniels knows he has a worldwide audience watching his every move, and he doesn't want anyone to warn that country.

Who knows? It could be your country that we're about to bomb.

BOOM!! !

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2007, 10:41 pm

So a blog on 24 that has posted some very true information/rumors in the past says that in Hour 15 Jack gets to deal with an autistic savant! It will be interesting to see what he does. Brady (the savant) is a hacker being manipulated by his loser terrorist-abetting brother.

http://24fan.blogspot.com/2007/03/me-an ... avant.html
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/24/24-s ... -5303.aspx

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 9:18 pm

Well, that was...interesting.

Somehow, I feel robbed. We didn't get to see an innocent unnamed country get blown up. :(

And I guess terrorists don't watch Fox News, because that channel is apparently for patriotic Americans only.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 10:20 pm

i'm sick so i have no sense of time really. i came in thirty five minutes into the show and was a little to whoozy to pay attention...school's gonna be great tomorrow! i think i saw a autistic type person...

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 11:05 pm

tinky wrote:
i'm sick so i have no sense of time really. i came in thirty five minutes into the show and was a little to whoozy to pay attention...school's gonna be great tomorrow! i think i saw a autistic type person...

Yes, and his name is Brady. I hope we see more of him, but I doubt we will. I think that storyline is over. [is sad]

All in all, I am not sure how I felt about that episode. I am glad we didn't start WWIII, but at the same time I was hoping there would be more death. (Does that make me a psycho?) And I don't know how I feel about Doyle; he isn't a self-serving bastard like Lennox, so I don't hate Doyle as much as I did in the previous episode, but he was also not very nice to Nadia, so I still dislike him a little bit---and I definitely don't trust him.

I liked how Jack interacted with Brady, and I felt more appreciative of that interplay than the make-out session between Milo and Nadia. If I were Brady, I sure wouldn't be okay with Jack touching me all the time, especially after being in the middle of a gun fight and watching my brother get shot. Actually, if I were Brady, I would probably have had a meltdown right there---but who wants to see Jack handle one of those? It wouldn't work with 24, so it is all good.

Gredenko irritates me, and I could tell Jack was just completely flabbergasted that he had the nerve to ask for immunity after helping DETONATE A NUCLEAR BOMB IN LA!! But of course in 24-Land, things like saying "Hell, no" to terrorists does not do anything to move the story forward.

And President Palmer being awakened from a coma and being absolutely FINE? Not to mention that he was using a breathing mask AND the doctor said "he's breathing on his own" only AFTER he was brought out of the coma? Come on! Maybe it is just my pre-med training and obsessive watching of medical shows that little stuff like INTUBATING patients that can't breathe on their own kind of sticks out to me. I dunno.

I liked how Brady wouldn't eat red food. I don't eat green food and woe unto the person who tries to get me to eat it.

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 12:39 pm

Was that sweet or what, having an autistic guy on 24??? We should start a letter campaign to have Brady on as a regular. Maybe CTU can hire him!! !

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 2:29 pm

I know, huh? I really hope we see more of him, but I doubt it. He would make a great compliment to Chloe...they would never have to worry about security breaches again!

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 4:12 pm

How do we contact the show? Maybe if a lot of us write in, it could happen this season or next 8).

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 4:15 pm

Oh, and I wanted to add that I think the actor did a great job at portraying an autistic, all things considered. The hand gestures were good and looked genuine... I felt Jack Bauer was a little too patronizing to him, but I loved the rage in his face when he realized that Brady was being used and manipulated!

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 6:25 pm

This season is too boring!! ! Where is the action!! ! Where are the explanation points!! ! Umm...Last episode was pretty good I thought. My predictions turned out to be false which is cool. I had a bad feeling something was going to happen to Brady, but he made it.

Next season they need to do something creative to break the aspects of the show which are being repeated again and again. If I was smart I would think of something but :?

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 6:33 pm

Well, I think they changed SOME things this season, namely that a nuclear bomb went off in LA that Jack couldn't prevent. But the political side is the same (it is ALWAYS the same), and CTU needs some more intense stuff to do than just figure out someone is hacked into the system through a backdoor. Also, I read in a PEOPLE magazine article about 24 that there is some serious fighting that is going to occur between Jack and Fayed---the article said that Kiefer actually maked the dude playing Fayed pass out in rehearsal so it's probably going to be intense.

What would I do to make 24 more exciting? I would blow some more things up. Not nuclear explosions, but like the factory explosion last season. I would have a terrorist take more hostages so Jack had to save them. Actually, I would take all the bits I LOVE of 24 and just multiply them exponentially so we would end up with a Quentin Tarantino-worthy film...violence, death, explosions, and more explosions. Also, I would bring back Brady because I enjoyed watching Jack interact with him, and also because I think he was kind of handsome, and also because if no-sense Kim could get a job at CTU, then so could super-hacker Rainman/Brady.

I would lose a lot of the boring political stuff because it is, well, boring and the show is about Jack and CTU---which means it is about Jack and Chloe...and Morris.