don't forget the premiere of 24 is tonight!

Page 2 of 18 [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 10:16 pm

Holy crap! The terrorist teenager was the guy from Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle!! 8O 8O 8O

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 10:34 pm

I also just realized that we are two hours into the season, but thye have yet to show the CTU director's office.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 10:37 pm

hmmm...can't wait till next sunday...*looks through ebay for a time machine*

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

alex
Developer
Developer

14 Jan 2007, 10:41 pm

tinky wrote:

You mean tomorrow? It's a TWO NIGHT PREMIER!! !! !

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 11:01 pm

It's not a premiere: it's a premiere event ;).

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 11:04 pm

alex wrote:
tinky wrote:

You mean tomorrow? It's a TWO NIGHT PREMIER!! !! !

yes...still can't wait!

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2007, 11:55 pm

So the current list of 24 fanatics includes:

en_una_isla
alex
tinky
werbert
flagg

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2007, 12:06 am

Am I the only one to notice a distinct similarity between morris and werbert? :mrgreen:

And didn't the guy who wants to set up detention centers play an Aspie-ish attorney on Ally McBeal? I was amazed I recognized his face. Usually all actors look the same to me.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2007, 12:26 am

en_una_isla wrote:
Let me just say.... I am lying here before the TV frothing at the mouth in Jack Bauer kicking-butt ecstasy. Anyone else????

Do you ever dream of Keifer Sutherland?

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2007, 8:04 am

A scene that should be on 24:

Ladies and Gentlmen, the President of the United States.

The scene opens to show Wayne Palmer in the Oval Office, addressing the country.

Wayne: My fellow Americans, I have some good, yet somehow terrifying news. This wave of terror that has gripped the country for the past 11 weeks is on the verge of ending, and, in fact, will cease completely within 24 hours. The bad news: Jack Bauer is on the case, so about half of you are likely to die within the next 24 hours, including me.

Have a great day. :D

End scene.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2007, 8:05 am

en_una_isla wrote:
So the current list of 24 fanatics includes:

en_una_isla
alex
tinky
werbert
flagg

You forgot dexkaden.

I have another question. Are Jack and the Chinese cool now? They've had their fun with him?

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2007, 8:23 am

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
en_una_isla wrote:
Let me just say.... I am lying here before the TV frothing at the mouth in Jack Bauer kicking-butt ecstasy. Anyone else????

HAHA :P. That's like when werbert asked about facials; he almost caught me ;).

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2007, 11:10 am

Happy birthday to actress Regina King, who played Sandra Palmer.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2007, 12:19 pm

I hope this isn't racial profiling, but we might have a problem on WP. Someone just joined with the name "islamoverall." Now, I am willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt and believe that they are a peaceful religious fanatic. However, it is a lot more fun to pretend that he is a terrorist.

I think that we need to put him in WP's detention center before he tries to blow up a forum, or assassinate Alex. We need WP's Jack Bauer on the case right away!

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2007, 1:06 pm

How could I have missed this thread? I was up all night writing/reading about 24! And I had to search for some..ahem...illegal ways of viewing the show because my dman cable decided that it just wasn't going to air FOX. It would show everything else (and I have over 500 channels), but it would NOT show FOX at all. Oh, I was so upset. Practically had a melt down. It was bad.

But, fortunately FOX released the Season DVD to some "unscrupulous" individuals who made it possible for me to watch the episodes in question last night, albeit a little after seven. There was much rejoicing.

"I can't do this anymore." Oh, poor Jack. He's so broken, beaten, bloodied, and maimed. And hello, Lost Boys. That was kind of gross, but entirely fitting Jack's desperation.

And what is the deal with politicians and management? Chloe knows (and so does the rest of the world) that Jack is always right. Always.

And if the US goverment would just take a lesson from President James Marshall of Air Force One fame, Jack might not have such bad days. Repeat after me: "We do not negotiate with terrorists." (Actually, I don't know if that line was ever used in that movie, but President Marshall always comes to mind when I see a 24 President bend in to the wishes of an Evil Bad Terrorist.)

Of course, if everyone listened to Jack, and if no one negotiated with terrorists, we wouldn't have 24, so I guess it's a trade off.

And Jack's hand looks as though it were dipped in Acid--and his back. I'll tell you one thing, that Chinese official is marked for death. (Did you see the look Jack gave him as he walked away with Curtis? He totally was memorizing his face.)

And what is the deal with Kumar (I mean, Ahhhhhmed?) He can't act. And neither can hippy boy. Or Redneck Contractor Man.

And Chloe is going to be awesome this season. I can hardly wait. (Provides some excellent comic relief, although I am not sure it is intended or not. Maybe I just laughed because I see a lot of myself in Chloe, and recognize that I would say/do a lot of the same things.)

Except poor Chloe almost caused Jack to die for nothing. And then, of course, the Evil Bad Terrorist made a fatal error: telling Jack the truth and then leaving him alone with a no-name Terrorist Henchman. If Fayed supposedly knew about Jack, then his intel needs some serious work because NO ONE with half a brain leaves Jack alone, ESPECIALLY after telling him the truth about Evil Diabolical Terrorist Plans. Idiot.

And Tom "Weasel" Lennox. Eewwwwwww. Worse than Cummings as far as sliminess goes (almost like Miles in Season Five.) (And what happened to Miles "I'm Gonna Destroy Evidence in Exchange for a Better Job?" Hope that worked out for him.)

And maybe I kinda-sorta couldn't wait to watch episodes 3 and 4, so I watched them last night, too.

I won't post anything until tonight, but THEY ARE AWESOME! AWESOME! And the ending of episode 4 will leave you breathless.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2007, 1:10 pm

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
en_una_isla wrote:

Not necessarily Kiefer, but I do sometimes have dreams where I am helping Jack save the world. Kind of like a sidekick.