Star Trek enterprise In a Mirror, Darkly my reflexion about

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 4:34 am

What do you think about this episode, especially what do you think about Mirror Archer, besides being an as*hole as we knew this.

He is insanely jealous of the achievements and popularity of his prime universe counterpart, The true Johnathan Archer that we admire and respect. And the end mirror universe utterly failed because of his over sized ego.

Actually I started this thread to talk just about popularity.

I recently watched the movie Diary of a Wimpy, my younger niece loves this movie. I also like the movie, cool comedy. The main character is doing everything it can to be the most popular in his school, but all his attempts fail.

In my opinion, if someone is really trying to be popular, it's probably will not succeed, because the popularity comes to those who do not strive for it. Even the scriptures it says "whoever exalts himself will be humbled and whoever humbles himself will be exalted" this is pure truth.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 6:00 am

That's the best Star Trek mirror-universe episode by far in my opinion. Better than the TOS episode "Mirror, Mirror" or any of the DS9 mirror-universe episodes. It was also interesting to see where the U.S.S. Defiant actually went after it disappeared into another dimension in the "The Tholian Web".

We also got to see what a Tholian actually looks like besides just on the bridge view-screen.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 6:14 am

Venger wrote:
That's the best Star Trek mirror-universe episode by far in my opinion. Better than the TOS episode "Mirror, Mirror" or any of the DS9 mirror-universe episodes. It was also interesting to see where the U.S.S. Defiant actually went after it disappeared into another dimension in the "The Tholian Web".

We also got to see what a Tholian actually looks like besides just on the bridge view-screen.

Yes, that's true, but also is interesting see that Mirror T'pol prophecy about that mankind will pays for wrongdoing, we see this in DS9 mirror universe episode.

And what do you think about popularity, i think people who wanna be famous/popular never become popular.

mattarga
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2013, 8:06 am

I think you "hit the nail on the head" so to speak on an underlying theme on this particular episode of Enterprise. Actually, it's a great theme that has occurred in other great sci-fi stories as well: who will you decide to be? Will you hang in there, take your licks, and be a nice, humble person, or will you become arrogant, belittling your fellow man and walk all over them to get ahead?

Good thread.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 4:15 pm

mattarga wrote:
I think you "hit the nail on the head" so to speak on an underlying theme on this particular episode of Enterprise. Actually, it's a great theme that has occurred in other great sci-fi stories as well: who will you decide to be? Will you hang in there, take your licks, and be a nice, humble person, or will you become arrogant, belittling your fellow man and walk all over them to get ahead?

Good thread.

And what do you think about Diary of Wimpy kid, i watched all three movie, is a kid movie but i liked it.
The main character Greg tried all thing to be popular in his school, but all his failed, but he learned from his mistakes unlike mirror Johnathan Archer who was insanely jealous about prime universe achievement, but he doesn't learned from mistakes and he finally has been killed be mirror Hoshi, but he was deserved to be killed. In my opinion only the Mirror admiral Forest has been goodhearted as his prime universe counterpart.

"For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted" is my favorite bible quote i'm not very devoted christian i'm committed lot "petty sins" regarding to 6 commandment :twisted: but i attend to my Catholic Church Sunday mass.

In Poland we have saying "Pokorne Cielę dwie matki ssie" which can be translated to English as "Humble calf sucks (breast) two mothers" which means be good humble person can be profitable.

ArthurDent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jun 2013, 5:32 pm

Brilliant prequel to "Mirror Motor" and a brilliant sequel to "The Tholian Web. Mirror Phlox is awesome and there was a Vulcan with a goatee which is a must in a mirror universe episode.