Page 5 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2013, 2:44 pm

Your reply made me laugh out loud! OF course that's exactly how I felt about the Sonya/Marco drink scene! And "they just don't get it" is very hilarious - don't they always say that about us? :D lol

The group is male and female and it was actually the MEN who saw so much "sexuality" in this. One said Sonya had a "come hither" look and was obviously flirting! HA - no.

I'd also like to see Adriana in a good solid relationship - and you know what? We don't know that she's not in one. When her sister asked where she was staying she said "do you really want to know?" which I thought indicated with a woman but she didn't want to say because of their mother.

-- Emerson

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2013, 3:07 pm

Adamantium wrote:
I thought it was interesting that Daniel survived. In the original he did not because he was held as complicit in the deaths of the Tate character's family... And none of those people but the Ruiz character survived.

For those who have seen both shows, were you struck by the difference between the way things played out in that climactic confrontation?

I felt like Bron/Broen let the viewer reach more understanding by clues and subtle situational cues. It seemed to me that in the Bridge everything was spelled out for the audience. It felt to me like the writers didn't trust the audience to get it if everything wasn't told rather than shown. But maybe that's just me.

I wonder how this will pan out in the Anglo-French version. I think that French TV series (at least the series I have seen) leave the viewer to decide more, unlike some US series, though Sky does have some input... And since there is no bridge between England and France, it's called The Tunnel.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2013, 5:49 pm

earthmom wrote:
The group is male and female and it was actually the MEN who saw so much "sexuality" in this. One said Sonya had a "come hither" look and was obviously flirting! HA - no.
OK , that actually makes more sense to me. They don't really think any of this, they just think she is attractive, therefore have fleeting sexual fantasies about her, therefore project that onto the character.

But seriously! Her flirting involves saying things like"do you want to sleep with me?" You don't really have to decode her signals. But they probably weren't thinking with their brains, as I said.

Quote:
I'd also like to see Adriana in a good solid relationship - and you know what? We don't know that she's not in one. When her sister asked where she was staying she said "do you really want to know?" which I thought indicated with a woman but she didn't want to say because of their mother.
You're right--we may find out more about that later. She certainly has her act together in the way of people who have come to grips with their issues. It's really good to see.

alex
Developer
Developer

07 Oct 2013, 3:40 pm

We do quite a few takes (at least 2 takes of each shot (sometimes a lot more). So we'll do a master shot, then we'll do closer shots. After we do the closeups on one side, we'll reverse and shoot the scene from the other side getting closer with each shot(we do multiple takes of each shot though). Then we'll do inserts if they're necessary.

I read the scripts, go to the table reads, and give suggestions throughout the various stages of the process including while we're shooting. I break down each script for diane and give her notes on parts of the script that are particularly important for the autism.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 7:19 pm

alex wrote:
I read the scripts, go to the table reads, and give suggestions throughout the various stages of the process including while we're shooting. I break down each script for diane and give her notes on parts of the script that are particularly important for the autism.

Fantastic. I think that involvement really shows.

It's also nice to see you write about what "we" do. This creates the sense that you are fully included in the creative team and have joined a collective identity for the purpose of making the best show that can be made. This is deeply inspiring.

AutumnSylver
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jun 2014, 5:32 pm

I just finished watching the first season last night, and I am in love with this show. I can't wait for the second season.
I love how the story continues from one episode to the next. Most shows in North America have a completely new storyline in each episode.

But I found Sonya to be sometimes robotic, (like when someone says something to her and she just kind of stands there with a blank look on her face. It seems like something a child would do, not an adult) and as some other people mentioned - she doesn't seem very well adapted for someone her age and in this kind of job. She comes across as very child-like sometimes. Unless that's what the producers are aiming for.

Even though it's just fiction, this show gives me some insight into how NT people see us. If I come across to people in any way how Sonya comes across to people, I can understand why people would think I was weird and try to avoid me.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2014, 9:34 am

New season coming next month, according to my DVR.

alex
Developer
Developer

24 Jun 2014, 3:21 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
New season coming next month, according to my DVR.

Yes. it starts July 9.

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2014, 1:31 am

I just discovered this show a few nights ago and I'm loving it! I'm up to the 9th episode of Season 1.
There was one thing that disappointed me, though. In episode 8, she's talking to Marco's son and says she's not good with "people, closeness" and "it's hard for me, I just don't know what people want, you know, when to talk or when to talk away, I just don't know". his reply was "I think it's hard for everyone" and then said something I couldn't understand but both characters laughed. So maybe the joke made it better but I immediately thought/hoped Sonya would have some sort of reaction to what he said. Because, as we all know, it's not the same. So I was hoping for something, maybe not for her to explain in more detail but, I guess the fact that she laughed shortly after and didn't seem bothered at all by what he said, bothered me a little. Maybe "bothered" isn't the right word for me but I just felt that it should have been addressed in some way, not necessarily a big way. Just... something.
Perhaps it will be later, which wouldn't surprise me because they tend to have things happen with no explanation for a while.

Though I do wish they'd explain some things. Like in the first episode, the lieutenant bumped Sonya's shoulder with his a few times when she was starting to get upset. Which I thought was odd because at first, he put his hand on her shoulder, then immediately removed it and started bumping her. So it was as if she doesn't like physical contact and he remembered that so he removed his hand but the bumping thing was something to help calm her down. That's the only conclusion I can come up with, even though it contradicts itself. But for all I know, maybe there are some people with Asperger's who are like that. They dislike being touched but only in certain ways and vice versa. I don't like being touched and I know that's a common thing, but I've never heard of it working both ways. That doesn't mean it can't, I'm just trying to keep an open mind, I guess.
Or maybe I'm just over thinking it.

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 2:20 am

Season Two Opened tonight!

Nice to see that your line (if not your face) got into the "previously on" opening segment, Alex. ;)

I'm seriously conflicted right now. Just watched it and altho I still love this show, I really did not love this episode. It seemed like I was watching a different show. They've changed aLOT and the feel of the show was really off. Last season it was hypnotic, dusty, mysterious, this one was like ..... instant gore and violent and very very dark (literally and figuratively) and gratuitous sex. :(

I'm not happy. This one was very weird.

-- Emerson

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 6:15 pm

I thoght the gore was good. Jarring, but these are bad, bad people. I thoght the bank scene was fantastic. I felt so bad for the kid who lost his ear. Even knowing it was all acting, it was hard to watch. I was disturbed by the way Sonya slept with the killers brother, but it was consistent with what we have already seen in her approach to sex--so that didn't bother me. I was more disturbed that she just ignored the captains advice.

I thought it was a promising opening. I look forward to seeing how things develop. I want Sonya and Marco to rescue the sister, but that doesn't seem realistic.

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 7:03 pm

I don't mind gore. But the bank scene was so ridiculously stupid I wasn't even horrified. It was laughable in a way.

She's gonna have this guy cut off a young man's EAR in a bank president's OFFICE in the middle of the day? Riiiight. Nobody hears him screaming, and of course nobody will question the blood. He'll have to come OUT of that office and go to the hospital where nobody will ask any questions, right? :(

Just too stupid. I can suspend belief for zombies and all sorts of things but not this. It made zero sense so it was more in the idiotic/laughable attempt dept to me.

I think Jack Dobbs (the brother of Lisa's killer) is really Lisa's killer. They took pains to show us the drawing of TWO dark figures. I think the killer (Jim?) was trying to tell Sonya that all this time The picture in his pocket - the drawings.... Jack wanting his brother dead. And who knows if their father killed himself or was helped by Jack, too (?)

I still love the show but I'm looking to return to a bit of the same feel that they started with.

-- Emerson

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2014, 8:19 am

earthmom wrote:
She's gonna have this guy cut off a young man's EAR in a bank president's OFFICE in the middle of the day? Riiiight. Nobody hears him screaming, and of course nobody will question the blood. He'll have to come OUT of that office and go to the hospital where nobody will ask any questions, right?

I am not so sure. I think they were confident the location was private. I don't know about the sound travelling, but I am sure of two things: the kid can't go to the hospital and the bank manager has to do whatever it takes to make him stay quiet.

She told her enforcer to bring his tools from the car, so they were always planning to cut someone, somehow. $60,000,000+ gone astray? I can easily believe this as part of the organizations "accounting" process, just from stories I have read from the NYC area. The cutting was a means of applying pressure on the bank manager and I am thinking it would be successful.

Quote:
I think Jack Dobbs (the brother of Lisa's killer) is really Lisa's killer. They took pains to show us the drawing of TWO dark figures. I think the killer (Jim?) was trying to tell Sonya that all this time The picture in his pocket - the drawings.... Jack wanting his brother dead. And who knows if their father killed himself or was helped by Jack, too
If that is the twist and these developments are set up for that, I will probably have to stop watching the show. That plot device would be too silly to cope with. I hope you are wrong!

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2014, 1:26 pm

YAY to Alex - Diane Kruger was on The View today and gave you props!

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/video/ ... 0_a33x0pa3

-- Emerson

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 1:41 pm

Alex, I'm hoping to hear from you here. Are you still consulting on the show? If so - what happened??

I know that Meredith Stiehm left and that's a huge loss. It seems all of the good stories, good ideas and the hypnotic feel of the show left with her!

And it seems you are not an influence any longer. Sonya is suddenly very UNAspie. And the show is hitting us over the head with dark, dark, dark. Ep 2 Sonya has on a black shirt at work :o No way. Not even. It's just another area to paint black to make the show look darker. No Aspie who is a strict White Shirt To Work Everyday person (as I was) would suddenly show up in a black shirt for no reason. She's making good eye contact, she's saying things to Hank that don't make sense.

All the storylines and characters from last season vanished without a word. No Charlotte, Cesar, RayRay, Linder, Brother Bob, they moved Eva out of the picture quickly, Alma and kids are gone, Tate disappeared, Kitty, Daniela was taken at the end of last season and oh well, she's just gone. No more references to the Lost Girls of Juarez..... It's a very strange thing to tune into your favorite show and the show is gone. In its place is this ugly ill conceived thing.

I will watch out of curiosity for a bit longer but last season I watched each and every episode at least 3 times. This season I can barely get through once. The scenes are so hard to see because they're so dark. Dialogue is hard to catch. I think it's the lazy way to make a show - black out the scenes and make the viewer imagine what could be going on.

Alex, what happened?

-- Emerson

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 10:52 pm

I'm afraid your right about the big "it was really the brother" twist...

And I was not impressed by the new agents. At all. The editing and direction of this last episode seemed clumsy and unskilled compared to what we have come to expect.

I hope it gets better again.