Page 402 of 1263 [ 20200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 399, 400, 401, 402, 403, 404, 405 ... 1263  Next

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 5:32 am

Lucy

Scarlett Johansson is a drug mule carrying a new synthetic drug. The drug is leaked into her body and her mind unlocks beyond human logic.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 6:50 am

Afterlife.

A school teacher (Christina Ricci), after having a fight with her boyfriend, is in a car accident, then awakens in a mortuary, where the mortician (Liam Neeson) tells her that she is dead. She refuses to believe she is dead, or that the mortician can speak with her because he has a gift/curse. She struggles with accepting that she is in fact deceased, and that she had only been wrongly declared dead and is still alive. Gets pretty disturbing. Good horror film.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 1:38 pm

Jory wrote:
I'm actually expecting 4 to be better than 3, simply because it has the same director as 2. It's also the one set in the Old West, which will probably be a welcome change of pace after three films set in the present. And even if they're awful, more Michael Gross is never too bad a thing.

As for Alien, I liked Alien vs. Predator far more than Alien 3 or Alien Resurrection, but I can find enough to enjoy in all of them. The only one I'd like to disregard altogether is Alien vs. Predator: Requiem, which made me want to hunt down and burn every copy of it.

Right, I love my fair share of "entertaining" films as well. What is AvP Requiem? I don't think that exists, never heard of it :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 2:46 pm

Absentia.

I just watched this movie, which my wife got me for Valentine's Day.
A troubled recovering addict named Callie reunites with her pregnant sister Trisha, who is in the process of declaring her husband, Daniel, who has been missing for seven years, dead in absentia. Trisha wants to move on with her life, and has a mutual attraction to Ryan Mallory, the detective on her husband's missing person case, even though she's having horrific visions of her husband, which she chalks up to just stress and guilt. And then, Daniel shows up alive, but in terrible physical condition (having eaten animal bones and sunlight deprived), and is in even worse shape mentally. All he can say is, something terrible had taken him underneath. Then when Daniel disappears again, and the only witness to what happened is Callie the recovering drug abuser, with her unbelievable story about some sort of insectoid monster taking him into the wall, both Trisha and the police think she had to have been stoned. Callie begins to realize the terrible truth about people going missing in the neighborhood in connection to a nearby overpass tunnel, where in fact another missing man turned up dead, his body twisted and mutilated. And when Trisha is taken by the creature, Callie goes to trade herself for her sister, until she realizes how cruel and treacherous the thing is.
I had read very good things about this horror film, and I'm happy to report that it lived up to the hype.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 3:51 pm

Fury

Brad Pitt plays a sergeant in command of a Sherman tank crew at the end of World War II. They pick up a rookie during the mission and he faces firsthand the horror of war.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 8:24 pm

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 1:34 am

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 5:57 pm

Bizarre and not funny at all parody of the Rocky films. The Angry Video Game Nerd reviewed it a while back (YouTube link) and piqued my interest, and I couldn't resist watching it when I saw that someone had uploaded the whole movie to YouTube. It's something else.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 7:08 pm

Birdman

I finally had a chance to see this a few days ago. Despite being a drama, the comedic undertones gave this movie a very likeable tone. Great acting from all cast members and I have high hopes that this will win something at the Oscars on 2/22.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2015, 7:24 pm

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 1:14 am

The Interview.

James Franco plays a vacuous television interview show host who's bread and butter is anything salacious for the public, while Seth Rogen portrays the would-be journalist who runs this popular on air fluff, but dreams of being something more. Then, they get the opportunity to interview the show's biggest fan: North Korean dictator Kim Jung Un, which is seemingly the answer to both their dreams. That is when the CIA recruits them in a plot to covertly assassinate Kim. Hilarity and grossness ensues. If you're looking for highbrow humor, this is not it. But the movie accomplishes what it had set out to do - make you laugh out loud.

CC_Blossom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Feb 2015, 2:45 am

I recently saw Kingsman: The Secret Service. Good movie and I found some fighting scenes funny:

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 3:57 am

Love these Blu-ray covers.

American title on top, Japanese title on bottom, original Japanese poster in the middle.

Perfect.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 5:12 pm

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 7:58 pm

Netflix streaming: Honeymoon and re-watching Touch.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 10:33 pm