Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

DukeGallison
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Mar 2008, 7:02 pm

Just want to mention what TV shows I watch and what I think of them:

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - I'm not an extreme fan of the movies, but this is surprisingly one of the few dramas I care for. I'll admit the idea behind the series is a bit pointless, but I think it's fun to watch.

King of the Hill - By all rights this series shouldn't have made it beyond season one, but it has a kind of odd charm. I guess I find it funny because it's stupid, and because just about every character makes me look normal by comparison.

Family Guy - Don't really understand why some say it's a ripoff of The Simpsons, because the baby and dog in The Simpsons don't talk (although both shows do have a stupid drunken father). I'll admit that some of the jokes are tasteless, but the show's bizarre humor keeps me watching.

American Dad - Another one of those funny-because-it's-stupid shows that has an odd charm that keeps me watching.

Past shows I still catch reruns of:

Malcolm in the Middle - There are some odd elements in the show (such as the fact that they never say the family's last name out loud), but this is another show that I find funny because the characters, again, make me look normal by comparison (I was never *that* rotten as a kid).

That '70s Show - Probably one of my all-time favorite comedies. Many characters really remind me of some members of my family, and I absolutely love its oddball humor (like the use of "burns"). Some parts really seem ad-libbed, though, but I still think the show's a fun watch.