Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 9:24 pm

Does anyone Else like things like BBC's Pride And Prejudice and various British versions of Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights etc?
I know it is more likely to be females who would watch this kind of thing.

Last edited by Graelwyn on 06 Sep 2007, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grendel
Toucan
Toucan

06 Sep 2007, 1:01 am

I loved the books, but not the movies.

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Sep 2007, 9:50 am

Depends on my mood. I don't usually like British authors like Jane Austen and others from that time period. However, I do love Jane Eyre. I started watching Masterpiece Theatre not to long ago and they like to play those kinds of movies.

On a side note, starting in January, Masterpiece Theatre is having a special season of just Jane Austen films and a special biography film about her. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/austen/index.html

But, the movies help me out. I don't usually like the style of writing so I don't usually like to read them, but the movies kind of help to understand what the heck is going on. I'm usually completely lost in these stories.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 12:13 am

grendel wrote:
I loved the books, but not the movies.

I'm kind of the other way around. Love the movies (some of them, anyway) and series (some) but not the books. Just couldn't seem to get into that style of writing.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 7:52 am

I enjoyed the Jane Eyre that was on recently, some really stunning cinematography in places - especially some of the landscape scenes.

I dont watch TV at all really, but i tend to see my mum sunday evenings when these type of things are usually on.