Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 12:18 am

I decided to change the focus of this post.

I found the strangest anime ever! The best way to describe it is-"Sailor Moon" on crack. The title is "Puni Puni Poemy" and it's not for young audiences.

Last edited by whiteskunk on 10 Aug 2007, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 1:38 am

Not anime/live-action crossovers?

On sabbatical...

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 8:36 am

As above. I have changed the vocus of this post.
If anyone has other titles of some strange anime. Please answer. I love the bizarre stuff. But nothing really twisted/hentai.

Mishcana
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Aug 2007, 2:42 pm

That one is called a sequel to the crack experimental anime, Excel Excel Saga. That one is quite cracked, but it comes no where near the weirdness level of poemi. I only saw the first episode of poemi - My friend delelted the second episode immediately after watcing it, so I didn't get to see. Pout.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 3:24 pm

I have seen plenty strange animes that are not right to me at least but can't recalled them at the moment. :(

Eric_C
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Aug 2007, 5:43 pm

Is it even wilder that FLCL?

_Eric ;)

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 6:51 pm

Eric_C wrote:
Is it even wilder that FLCL?

Check it out for yourself. Just beware that it's. . .well definetly adult oriented. I can't get over how fast the girl was talking. Just like she was on crack. :lol:

Oops! You may still find it (though pirated) at veoh.com "Puni Puni Poemy"

Word of warning on veoh.com some of the forum moderators are total idiots. "pimpsquad" being the #1 moron.

Last edited by whiteskunk on 19 Aug 2007, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 8:04 pm

Honey and Clover was one. It was just odd to me.

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 11:01 pm

JerryHatake wrote:
Honey and Clover was one. It was just odd to me.

I'll check it out.

I tend to like the "harem" type anime-"Angel Tales". "Hanaukyo Maid Team"-especially the triplets. "DearS". "Hand Maid May".

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 8:40 pm

I have Excel Saga and it is weird, but hilarious. Puni Puni Poemy was just really out there though and not as funny to me as Excel Saga was.

Paranoia Agent is rather weird series if you ever get a chance to see it. It certainly has one of the most creepy openings ever in an anime.

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 8:28 am

Zara wrote:
I have Excel Saga and it is weird, but hilarious. Puni Puni Poemy was just really out there though and not as funny to me as Excel Saga was.

Paranoia Agent is rather weird series if you ever get a chance to see it. It certainly has one of the most creepy openings ever in an anime.

Maybe P.P.P. was meant to be watched while on crack or something. Who knows.

I've seen Excel Saga and it is funny. I kind of feel sorry for the poor dog? Being reserved as an emergency meal.

I'll see if I can find a fan site that has Paranoia Agent. Preferrably English dubbed.
Okay I just finished watching ep. 13. And that was a freaky ending.

ainvar
Raven
Raven

20 Aug 2007, 4:47 pm

I had to watch Puni Puni Poemi about 3 times to take it all in, and there are still quite a few in jokes that I think I'm missing =) A friend told me about Excel Saga, but I have yet to watch it. I really do enjoy PPP though, especially the bit when she is on that scooter and is going faster and faster and cuts right through the dog!

I will say that a friend subjected me to a live action version of La Blue Girl. Oh my god, that was the worst thing that I have ever seen in my entire life. Who would make a live action version??? =(

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 5:46 pm

Another bizarre but somewhat tamer than PPP is "Karin". About a family of vampires living. . .I mean residing in 21st century Japan.

Go to veoh.com type in Karin and look for user/member "TenTen143". She has it english dubbed.

Oh and check out ep. 2 of Hanaukyo Maid-tai. I love the way they wake the kid up in the start.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 8:57 pm

whiteskunk wrote:
Another bizarre but somewhat tamer than PPP is "Karin". About a family of vampires living. . .I mean residing in 21st century Japan.

Go to veoh.com type in Karin and look for user/member "TenTen143". She has it english dubbed.

Oh and check out ep. 2 of Hanaukyo Maid-tai. I love the way they wake the kid up in the start.

They have an english-dubbed manga of that now, called "Chibi Vampire." The main character, Karin, is like a vampire in reverse - rather than drinking blood, she injects her victims with her own blood. If she goes too long without a bite, her nose starts bleeding a lot. It's actually quite a hilarious manga, she tries to keep the secret from a boy at her school who suspects her vampirism, which in turn leads to several mishaps between the two.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

freya918
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2007, 9:42 pm

i was recently introduced to paniponi dash! at an anime convention...i fell in love with it instantly. it is the weirdest anime i have ever seen...name one other show in which a cat hides inside a vending machine, offers warm soda, and claims to be god :D.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2007, 10:50 am

Bo-bobo Bobobo-bo. It's really absurd, but very fun to watch.