Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Snoopy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Dec 2007, 11:54 pm

I just discovered this quote from Sharon Stone's biography on Wikipedia and makes me wonder if she has AS. Anyone know of any other female movie stars ?

She has described herself as "a nerdy, ugly duckling who sat in the back of the closet with a flashlight, and a set of C cell batteries. I was never a kid. I walked and talked at 10 months. I started school in the second grade when I was five, a real weird, academically driven kid, not at all interested in being social. Recess was a drag until I realized I didn't have to play, that I could lean up against a wall and read." Most of the kids disliked her because she was standoffish and did not play children's games. One day on the playground she announced, "I am the new Marilyn Monroe." Her mother once said: "Sharon has been posing from the day she arrived. She came out posing." Tested as a young woman, her IQ was 154 points.[4] After skipping a grade in school, she was involuntarily transferred from Saegertown High School to Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, enrolling at the age of fifteen years. She returned for a visit to her college in March of 2007 for academic purposes, and there to her surprise she received an honorary doctorate from university president Frank Pogue.

Snoopy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jan 2008, 12:27 am

Adding Hilary Swank

Swank has also described her younger self as an "outsider" who felt that she belonged "only when [reading] a book or [seeing] a movie, and could get involved with a character", and was thus inspired to become an actress.[5]

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 5:45 am

Two things come out of that ....

1. Male snooping around Sharon Stone's biography.... hmm - enough said... :) :) :)

2. If she had such a high IQ, why did she do Basic Instinct 2?

Speedy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Jan 2008, 3:45 pm

gbollard wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Inigo Montoya

merr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 1:42 pm

I dont think anyone should receive an honorary doctorate for being famous and making a speech at a college. It downplays all the hard work grad students go through.

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jan 2008, 3:52 am

Of course, honorary doctorates don't really mean anything. Of the few people who actually care if you have a doctorate or not (like if you were being hired as a professor), nearly always they mean "earned" doctorate.

draxen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jan 2008, 9:45 am

gbollard wrote:

Because that one movie earned her more money than most of us will see in our lifetimes ? She's a lot of things but stupid ain't one of them.

alex
Developer
Developer

07 Jan 2008, 10:10 am

draxen wrote:
gbollard wrote:

Because that one movie earned her more money than most of us will see in our lifetimes ? She's a lot of things but stupid ain't one of them.

Exactly. And it's way more fun to act in a potentially bad movie than it is to watch one.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 3:26 pm

Quote:
draxen wrote:

Quote:
gbollard wrote:

I don't think Basic Instinct 2 earned a great deal compared to a lot of other films at the time.

It cost $70 million to make
it earned $5 million

hardly smart is it ?
It didn't make much money and trashed the sad remains of Sharon Stone's credibility as an actress. I personally don't think it was a good trade off.

It did get a few awards though...
- Razzie: Worst Actress
- Razzie: Worst Screenplay
- Razzie: Worst Prequel or Sequel
- Razzie: Worst Picture

draxen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jan 2008, 6:24 pm

gbollard wrote:
Quote:
draxen wrote:

Quote:
gbollard wrote:

I don't think Basic Instinct 2 earned a great deal compared to a lot of other films at the time.

It cost $70 million to make
it earned $5 million

hardly smart is it ?

Read what I wrote again.

I said *she* made money, not that the movie did. She picked up $13.6M for that flick. I don't think many of us here will ever see that amount of money in our lifetimes, so like I said, she ain't stupid.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 8:25 pm

Quote:
I said *she* made money, not that the movie did. She picked up $13.6M for that flick. I don't think many of us here will ever see that amount of money in our lifetimes, so like I said, she ain't stupid.

Ok... point taken.

but I think she's burnt the last remnants of her career making that sum.

alex
Developer
Developer

08 Jan 2008, 11:09 am

gbollard wrote:
Quote:
draxen wrote:

Quote:
gbollard wrote:

She got paid scale regardless of how much the movie made.

draxen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2008, 1:07 pm

gbollard wrote:
Quote:

Ok... point taken.

but I think she's burnt the last remnants of her career making that sum.

Well to be fair to her, she was never a *great* actress, a decent one but not great. Her USP was on-screen sex appeal, and while she looks good for her age she's no spring chicken anymore. BI-2 was her part of her retirement fund, and fair craic to her, make the money while you can and spend it while you can enjoy it.

Norah_W
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jan 2008, 1:52 am

Snoopy wrote:
Adding Hilary Swank

Swank has also described her younger self as an "outsider" who felt that she belonged "only when [reading] a book or [seeing] a movie, and could get involved with a character", and was thus inspired to become an actress.[5]

I thought part of the problem with her was she was very poor and had to go to school with a lot of rich kids who were mean because she couldn't dress like they did, etc., so she kind of withdrew into her own world for awhile since she was stuck going to that school? That was what I read about her years ago when she first started making movies. Not all outcasts are Aspies, though I'm not saying she isn't either.

Snoopy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jan 2008, 4:25 pm

Does anyone know of any other female movie stars besides the previously mentioned, that might have AS ?

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 5:58 pm

some people here have mentioned Helena Bonham-carter