Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2007, 1:28 pm

Is it good ?

jstrewth
Toucan
Toucan

09 Apr 2007, 4:03 pm

Saw it last Friday. f*****g awesome flick, even though Death Proof was a tad boring. I'm probably going to see it again soon.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2007, 9:41 am

I'm going to see it Friday. It look F****ing Awesome!! Tarantino/Rodriquez are two of the best people in filmmaking these days. They are always so original and innovative. I post after friday to give my review.

Benji
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Apr 2007, 7:36 pm

I can't wait to see this. I feel like I've been waiting forever. I'm hoping that someone will want to come to the cinema with me but the few people I know tend to already have 'cinema buddies' so I may have to wait even longer until it comes out on DVD (as I had to with Pan's Labyrinth, mores the pity - I bet that looked amazing on the big screen).

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2007, 1:11 pm

OK Its saturday And I went to see Grindhouse last night.

It was F***ing Awesome!! ! The first half was an amazing Zombie movie That kicks major ass! I love zombie movies. I loved all the gore. Great script, I loved the campyness of it and how they used all the cliches. Rodriquez must have had a blast making this movie!
I also thought the Trailers were amazing, I kinda want to see Machete, Hobos with a shot gun. And the Rob Zombie movie.
Death Proof was alittle slow to begin with but it had a huge payoff at the end. The whole theatre got up and cheered! Tarantino is a master. I don't care what anyone says!

DeoxysRibonuke
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Apr 2007, 7:49 pm

Oh! I REALLY want to see that!

At least Planet Terror...

I dunno. I'm 15 years old and I can handle a lot; I was able to handle the "Kill Bill" movies and "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" easily. Is there anything more disturbing about this than those movies?(If you have to reveal any spoilers, then you can just PM me. Spoilers don't bother me, but for other people it might.)

Therefore, if you would like to chat me up, you may contact me at my AIM screenname. Being a student, I canno

Last edited by DeoxysRibonuke on 16 Apr 2007, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 8:22 pm

I would like to see it simply because Rose McGowan is in it.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 5:31 am

Planet Terror was good, but didn't really care for the second Death Proof

kattoo13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2008, 4:20 pm

hells yeah.

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2008, 6:32 am

I got to see it in theatre, where you HAD to to get the whole experience. I was the only one there. It was only out foe a week why did the fans let them down so bad in this one.

I HATE taritinos dialog in Deathproof who the Hell talks like that?

I also hated to see that dirty son of b***h Tom Savini at all. Even in his own death scene flakey dumbass. ( Sorry thats a bit personal I'm in a lawsuit with him right now)

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 1:21 am

Not my thing. I think the idea of having two movies with a bunch of fake trailers inbetween is a cool idea, though--it's a shame that I hate grindhouse-style filmmaking. XD I know that the fact that it was grindhouse was the whole reason for having two films with trailers inbetween, but I'd like to see it used in other films, ones that aren't just about having as much sex and gore crammed into 3-4 hours...lol.

Slipperman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Mar 2008, 10:30 am

I thought the Planet Terror part of GH was awesome. I've got it on DVD.

Haven't seen Death Proof yet, though.

Tim (aka the Slipperman)

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 7:28 pm

They are playing Grindhouse on Movie Central here in Canada on March 8th at 8:00 pm MT, hopefully it will be the complete version shown in the theater, I didn't get the chance to see it in a theater.

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 12:42 am

i saw it in the theater when it came out, which is most definitely the way to see it. Planet Terror was a blast, Death Proof had some flaws but the slow build only made the payoff better i think. the previews were definitely my favorite part.

and since nobody's quoted the Machete trailer yet...

"they just f****d with the wrong Mexican"

one of the best lines ever.

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net