Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Ramoth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2004, 6:28 pm

One of two programs that I watch on television has been canceled. This seems to be the case whenever I like anything. I can't stand the so called reality TV shows, and I am nauseated by the treatment of the mentally ill in the media, which is another reason that this program is so unique. I do not consider asperger's to be a mental illness, but I suffer from a psychiatric illness in addition to my belief that I haver asperger's. If any of you out there have seen this program, and feel as I do about it's cancellation, I would appreciate it if you would go to this site and sign a petion in support of keeping this program on the air. Also I would appreciate it if you would encourage your friends/acquantances tio do so as well.

Here is the comment that I included with my signature followed by the website:

"This is one of two prorams that I watch. The other is Monk. I have a psychiatric disability, and these are the only shows that I've seen where people with such disabilities are treated as human beings facing the challenges that their illnesses present with courage. These programs do not ridicule those with mental health issues, they treat them with the respect that they deserve. In particular Touching Evil has portrayed the plight of the mentally ill more accurately than most programs, because the mentally ill are far more likely to be the victims of violence than the perpetrators, and many are homeless simply because no body gives a damn. Creegan's relationship with his schizophrenic friend is sensitive and engaging. It is unfortunate that this program has been canceled, and I hope that the powers that be will reconsider."

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/touchingevil

Thanks for your help.

Ramoth