How did you come up with your username?

Page 8 of 19 [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2006, 8:34 pm

AceOfSpades is a catchy name, and is obviously a card :D. Also, I wanted to be different from all the cliche names most of the people I know use such as prince, gangsta, pimp, (insert race here) pride, etc.

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2006, 8:24 am

Auron_of_Kusari wrote:
Auron is my fav char off of Final Fantasy X. As for Kusari, it is the name of a space nation (an area of space conisting of planets, stations, and space lanes owned by an entire nation) in the space fighter game Freelancer. Kusarians are the ancestors of a thousand Japanese space colonists that came to the Siria Sector on the Japanese sleeper ship Kusari. Since Freelancer and Japan are both on my obsession list (along with FFX), i chose my name. I am no longer Archmage. [007] The name's Kusari. Auron Kusari. [/007]

I see you have good taste in games (and countries lol) ^_^;;

As for Kusari, Id say it WAS Japan, displaced and renamed.

Oooh your Archmage! I wondered where ud got to.

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

Auron_of_Kusari
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Feb 2006, 12:32 pm

Yes, i am here. How is the Star Wars: NJO fanfic coming along?

Proud member of the Guardians of Spira

All your base are belong to us

I am Auron, and i approve this message.

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2006, 12:36 pm

Kinda crap, I never got past the first chapter lol

COTUs doin great thogh ^_^

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

jman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2006, 2:57 pm

My nickname is basically a dervitive of my first and last name.

Jekyll
Raven
Raven

26 Feb 2006, 4:10 pm

Astarael wrote:
Mine's from a book by Garth Nix. Er, it's the name of a bell/ghost kinda thing. Well a bell named after a person who is now ghostlike. Man it's too hard to explain just read the books :P

I haven't read that one yet. I read Sabriel in seventh grade, though. That was a very interesting book.

Of course everyone knows where my name's from: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Lewis Stevenson. I chose it because I like the story, and also because my mood often fluctuates between calm and sadistic. Most of my life is saying or doing something very hurtful to someone, and then apologising later. Not a great way to live, but it makes an okay nickname.

Antenna
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2006, 8:46 pm

My username is also a nickname my friends gave me. We were playing a game where you say the first object that comes to mind when you think of the other person. My friend said I reminded him of an antenna. It kindof fits me.

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2006, 7:47 am

lol

Mashus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Feb 2006, 5:31 am

my username is from my great love Computer games :lol: the username is one of my characters from a MMORPG called guild wars plus mashus sounds kinda cool by the way the avatar isnt mashus its a ranger in a cool part of the game

CHAOS
Raven
Raven

28 Feb 2006, 10:16 pm

Mine's just my favourite word. In every bit of chaos is control. That and my mind is never in order.

jester69
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Mar 2006, 5:33 pm

In a very asperger like fashion, I used this username because it is the one I always use and it wasn't taken.

Jester

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2006, 5:36 pm

Taken from the lead character in John Woo's Hard-Boiled. :D

k96822
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2006, 8:05 pm

Mine is a play in opposites. After using my real name on the Internet and having some embarrassing experiences, I feared that future employers would search them out and judge me on them. Some of my friends laugh; they're like, "You're worried about THOSE posts?" But, still, I worry. I won't give away all the ways it is opposite of me for two reasons: a. you might figure out who I am, and b. the chicks like mysterious guys, baby! The avatar provides a clue on one of the aspects. It isn't a random name and I have ways of remembering it. It is obscure enough to likely never be used too.

timpdx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2006, 10:37 pm

I don't know why I stuck with it, but I've been using timpdx for years. Tim-firstname, PDX-airport code for Portland OR, where I used to live. I miss PDX so much, too, if there ever was a tolerant aspie-friendly city, it is Portland. I just never bothered to change it when I moved to superficial SoCal.

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2006, 2:42 am

Sophist wrote:
Mine I took from Edgar Allan Poe's short story, The Assignation.

"There are surely other worlds than this-- other thoughts than the thoughts of the multitude-- other speculations than the speculations of the sophist. Who then shall call thy conduct into question? who blame thee for thy visionary hours, or denounce those occupations as the wasting away of life, which were but the overflowings of thine everlasting energies?"

The word "sophist" isn't held in very high regard in this quote, but I loved it all the same. I use it to mean "thinker" from it's root meaning knowledge, thought, or wisdom. But it also means, at least around Poe's time, someone who uses false arguments convincingly. And I suppose that's also accurate for me at times as well. Or at least the false arguments part. I don't know about convincingly. Nor purposefully.

Oh, I always assumed you named yourself after Plato's mysterious philosopher opponents, discounting of course the first time I conversed with you when I misread your name and called you sophie :P.

The source of my username should be obvious, and therefore not very interesting. It's my name followed by the username equivalent of a space "_" followed by my last initial.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2006, 11:11 am

My username has two meaning actually. Fire for some strange reason I find it comforting even if something like a house is burning I don't think I'll do anything about stopping the fire I'll just sit there and watch it until burns out. I've liked tigers since well all my life so and I think I am one sometimes. Anyway that's how I come up with it. Have you all seen any fires lately?