Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Filip
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2009, 1:39 pm

Hello everybody,

I'm Filip and I'm from Belgium. English is not my native tongue, so sorry if I make mistakes.

I'm 26 now, male and I have been diagnosed with Asperger's almost a year ago. Pretty late, what has his advantages and negative sides. Positive because I haven't been labelled and so I have been able to go to school and to found a job as accountant. Negative because I had met with a lot of problems with social contacts, was a little bit of a trouble child who had his mood swings, fears and angers, ... and there has never been given a reason why I was who I was. If I had been diagnosed in childhood I could have more guidance.

I come from a family with 4 other brothers and 2 sisters. My youngest brother is also diagnosed with autism. Since I had my diagnose, I suspect my father to be Aspie also and also my other brother has signs of Asperger's. It's a family matter I think. Although I come from a large family I don't really connect with my family. I have always felt like an outsider and that have became worse as the years gone by.

It's been almost a year I have been diagnosed but I have not yet fully accepted it. I still have so many questions and I don't know how to handle with it. It's hard when you have tried so hard to be normal and then have to hear that you won't be "normal". For the moment I don't know what to do with it and what effect it has on my future life. I hope to find some answers here in the story of others.

Now, I don't want to be too negative and depressed. I have found a job as accountant and I really like the work I do. Not so much the contacts with clients, but the contact with my colleagues is pretty good. I don't think they have any suspicion that I have Asperger's. So I can hide my autism very well, but it asks a lot of my energy. Outside my work, I don't have any friends but I entertain myself with music, books and television series.

I hope that I have give you a good introduction of myself and I hope I can fit in here.

Greetings

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 1:47 pm

Welcome Filip,

There are a lot of opinions and answers here on WP, so you should find some things of interest here.

In case you are Flemish, there is a dutch-language topic somewhere, it should be easily found with the search-function. Could be nice if you have trouble expressing yourself or have some specific questions.

Have fun.

lithium
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2009, 2:52 pm

hey filip, don't know if you're flemish else i would have greeted you in dutch :)

have a nice stay on wrongplanet.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Mar 2009, 5:10 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

sillyputty
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 5:53 pm

Hi Filip :D

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 6:13 pm

Hello, and welcome greetings to the Wrong Planet neighborhood, Filip.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 7:01 pm

"Belgium! He said it again!" - hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...;)

welcome.

dedhead66
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2009, 5:53 am

Welcome Filip.

Tim_UK
Toucan
Toucan

17 Mar 2009, 5:56 am

Welcome to WP!

Filip
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2009, 12:31 pm

Thank you all. I'm indeed Flemish for all the Dutch-speaking of Nederlandstaligen.