Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2024, 10:29 am

TismRizzler wrote:
I've wanted to see that one for a while. I saw the trailer and thought it looked interesting. I'll have to watch it next.

In terms of depth of story line, it was years ahead of its time. It is one of the best science fiction movies ever made.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2024, 5:47 pm

I've been distracted...

We saw Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets [2017] in the theater and I'm not a fan. I am a military veteran and found the Major Valerian character too implausible. I don't expect majors to be that young! The movie lost me with that.

I saw Flash Gordon [1980] in the theater. (Yes, I'm old.) It was OK but I'm not a fan.
I'll also admit that, given a choice, I'd rather watch Flesh Gordon [1974]. :oops:
Other than saying I think it is also OK, I'll not further discuss its
sequel.

I concede Blade Runner 2049 [2017] has a lot going on in it. Personally, I find it helps to watch it shortly after watching Blade Runner [1982].
Incidentally, I think it is also a good idea to watch Blade Runner [1982] shortly before watching Red Dwarf Season 9 [2009].

And I think 50's Science Fiction movies is almost its own genre. Some very good; some very bad.
I confess I like the good ones and many of the bad ones, as well.

TismRizzler
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 May 2024, 8:45 pm

Double Retired wrote:

I saw Flash Gordon [1980] in the theater. (Yes, I'm old.) It was OK but I'm not a fan.
I'll also admit that, given a choice, I'd rather watch Flesh Gordon [1974]. :oops:
Other than saying I think it is also OK, I'll not further discuss its
sequel.

Hey, I heard of Flesh Gordan, and I've thought of watching it. How funny is it? Also, I envy you for getting to live through the 80s. I feel like everything from the 80s was so much better—especially the music. I'm pretty sure that the 1980s are my special interest, even though I wasn't even born yet! I feel like society has gone down the crapper since the turn of the century.

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2024, 9:55 pm

Greetings and welcome. Not ready to party lol but to make connections absolutely :)

TismRizzler
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 May 2024, 5:32 pm

softlyspeaks41 wrote:
Greetings and welcome. Not ready to party lol but to make connections absolutely :)

What are your interests?

ChicagoLiz
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 May 2024, 3:33 pm

Hello, and welcome!

Also not a partier, but someone has to fuss about in the kitchen and hang with the pets, right?