Has anyone from here ever been to Camp Kodiak?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Chris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Nov 2004, 7:24 pm

I have, and my friend Brigit went there too.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2004, 1:11 am

What is it?

Chris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Nov 2004, 8:34 pm

I'm glad you asked. Camp Kodiak is a camp in McKellar, Canada for boys and girls ages 6 and up with mild disabilities, including AS. It has recently been rated the #1 camp in the world for kids with AS. This camp is very safe and of moderate temperature (around 26 degrees celcius?); the ratio of counselors to campers is 1:3. This camp offers sort-of constant supervision. There are two sessions: A four week session that takes up most of July, which costs roughly 3000 american dollars; a three week session that immediatly follows the four week session that costs about 2000 american dollars, and you can go to both if you want. You get to do all sorts of fun stuff lik waterskiing, sailing, rocketry, and the big play on Visiting Day at the very end of the 4-week session (if you go to that session)If you are a camper of age 16 or older, you will be an LIT, which means that you can sign up to serve tables and help the younger cabins with their activities. In all five years I've gone to it, there has never been a change in schedule. Perfect for Aspies.

For more information, including details on the schedule and activities, you can e-mail me at [email protected]. I will respond ASAP.

Yours Truly,

Christopher

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2004, 12:36 am

I checked out the website for the place. It looks like a great place to go.

I wish they had something like 15 years ago when I would have been of prime age to go there.

BTW, are you in any of the pictures up on the website?

blondie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2004, 7:29 pm

It Looks Fun!! :D