Page 6 of 23 [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 10:03 am

Dhawal wrote:
I have a question for you guys. Do you face the problem of sensory overload, as we live in a very noisy country. What do you do when you face this problem?

yes quite a noisy country
lots of aunties chattering non stop everywhere in trains, buses, gossiping at work place
there is no silence at all.
its crazy kind of i got used to this nonsense....

MissWiggy
Raven
Raven

27 Jun 2011, 3:40 pm

Yes that's one of the big things I always found so stressful about India, all of the noise and smells and people everywhere. Never understood why it was so difficult for me, but now I know.
Since I never lived in India for too long, I don't actually have any coping mechanisms.... I would just get very grumpy and upset and need to sit by myself in my room for ages and not interact with anyone. :lol:

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 12:53 am

MissWiggy wrote:
Yes that's one of the big things I always found so stressful about India, all of the noise and smells and people everywhere. Never understood why it was so difficult for me, but now I know.
Since I never lived in India for too long, I don't actually have any coping mechanisms.... I would just get very grumpy and upset and need to sit by myself in my room for ages and not interact with anyone. :lol:

I don't have much of a problem with the smells. I've got chronic sinusitis I can hardly smell anything. But before that, I used to get a headache because of strong perfumes. They smelt like chemicals to me, and everyone else looked so happy I didn't know what to think of them.

How do NTs do that?

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 12:54 am

namaste wrote:
lots of aunties chattering non stop everywhere in trains, buses, gossiping at work place

Haha that's funny! It's the first time I've heard a lady saying that aunties chatter non-stop. Nice to know that some of the ladies understand our predicament!

How do NTs do that?

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 1:00 am

Immediate sensory overload 8O the moment I step in Hyderabad...thats where my grandmother lives.. But I did have some good times in Hyderabad! I got used to it while in Hyderabad but every time I go back its a sensory overload... The cars honking everywhere jesus christ!.. I had a meltdown for so long...

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 8:09 am

pree10shun wrote:
Immediate sensory overload 8O the moment I step in Hyderabad...thats where my grandmother lives.. But I did have some good times in Hyderabad! I got used to it while in Hyderabad but every time I go back its a sensory overload... The cars honking everywhere jesus christ!.. I had a meltdown for so long...

Hi pree10shun, thanks for replying. Are you from India? Haven't heard from you before, atleast not in this thread.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 12:04 pm

Dhawal wrote:
namaste wrote:

Haha that's funny! It's the first time I've heard a lady saying that aunties chatter non-stop. Nice to know that some of the ladies understand our predicament!

yes im very quite person and find difficult chattering

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 12:10 pm

Dhawal wrote:
pree10shun wrote:

Hi pree10shun, thanks for replying. Are you from India? Haven't heard from you before, atleast not in this thread.

I lived there for four years with my Grandparents... :) I felt so at home with the people being so nice in India... I now live in the USA... I keep going back to visit them.. My grandparents on my fathers side live in India.. I am part Indian.. :D

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 12:14 pm

namaste wrote:
Dhawal wrote:
namaste wrote:

yes im very quite person and find difficult chattering

Right? I hate them the noises they make blah blah blahing all the time lol... My grandma doesn't shut up for one min if I am at their place... And then if I don't talk to a stranger at a party the next moment my grandma's complaining about how rude that was :roll:

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 12:21 pm

they are very curious and want to gossip all the time and b***h all the time
i hate the intruding nature of people here

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 10:59 am

namaste wrote:
they are very curious and want to gossip all the time and b***h all the time
i hate the intruding nature of people here

pree10shun wrote:
Right? I hate them the noises they make blah blah blahing all the time lol... My grandma doesn't shut up for one min if I am at their place... And then if I don't talk to a stranger at a party the next moment my grandma's complaining about how rude that was :roll:

Wow, all this is quite a revelation! Now I think talking to 'aspie' ladies would not be annoying, they're different from other women. Maybe they're more like us!

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 3:48 am

I am so late... :(

Born there..

Lived there for a very short time, alas. Then changing where I live constantly, even now.

Probably, the only Indian thing on me is my face.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 3:55 am

metaphysics wrote:
I am so late... :(

Born there..

Lived there for a very short time, alas. Then changing where I live constantly, even now.

Probably, the only Indian thing on me is my face.

never too late :D

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 3:59 am

Thank you :roll:

Hullo, (imitating Indian accent which I can never use properly :oops: , but I am so curious :heart: )Are you my fellow countryman? :P

( I am literally a global citizen)

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 4:09 am

metaphysics wrote:

Hullo, (imitating Indian accent which I can never use properly :oops: , but I am so curious :heart: )Are you my fellow countryman? :P

yes im from mumbai india....and u???

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 4:14 am

namaste wrote:
metaphysics wrote:

yes im from mumbai india....and u???

I am surprised... :roll:

The only Indian city I have lived was Mumbai... 8O

But for a very very short time.

Last edited by metaphysics on 20 Jul 2011, 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.