Hi, I'm a newbie ... well, hére at least. ;)

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Fruttel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 May 2015, 4:55 pm

Hello all,

I think all I can say for now is that I'm diagnosed with autism, at age 62. (yep, I'm still in shock as well. ;) )

My username is the name of my cat (well, I was HIS, of course), who died in 1991.

I'm female, just recently been assured that I lóók my age ;) , but I ofen feel much younger.

Reason I'm here: I'm totally unfamilliar with autism, I mean with all the different kinds there can be within the ASS, and since I'm, in my mind, still fighting with the diagnosis, I'm desperate to learn more about autisme. (and yes, also about adults with autism, maybe thén I can accept the diagnosis.
Don't worry, I don't feel a "sufferer from", it's just that I feel Social Anxiety combined with being an Introvert totally describe me. (only discovered that last year, and no, I'm not in the least hindered by ány knowledge about psychology, so I'm blushing with shame while I write all this)

Before I ruin any chance of being allowed to stay here I'll just stop now, don't want to run around like a cow in a China shop.

Oh, and I'm from the Netherlands, almost forgot to say.
Have a good day all.

Sincerely,
Jos. (Fruttel)

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 May 2015, 6:15 pm

Welcome! I love cats.

Taylor1002
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 6:33 pm

Welcome :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 7:49 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 10:04 pm

Hey Fruttel welcome. You beat me, I was diagnosed last year at age 49. :sunny:

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 10:26 pm

hi. welcome. i'm almost 59 and female. i have an affectionate cat. your english is pretty good. thought you might want to know that the idiom is "bull in a china shop". what are some of your other interests? i like singing in the local chorus and cooking healthy meals for my husband and me.

Fruttel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 May 2015, 3:31 am

MrBear wrote:
Welcome! I love cats.

Thanks for the welcome Mr. Bear, glad I'm not the only "cat-lover" here.

Fruttel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 May 2015, 3:34 am

Taylor1002 wrote:

Thank you Taylor, I'm glad I found an apparently good site on ASS. (I'm sorry, I still don't know hów to name this, so I just include the whole spectrum for now. ;) )

Fruttel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 May 2015, 3:36 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Thank you Anonymous ... never thought I'd be happy to be on the wrong planet. ;)

Fruttel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 May 2015, 3:39 am

RoadRatt wrote:
Hey Fruttel welcome. You beat me, I was diagnosed last year at age 49. :sunny:

LOL RoadRatt, this is one of the very few times I would have loved to be beaten at something. ;)

I'm glad for yóu you were diagnosed at age 49 ... IMHO it kind of gives you móre time to learn how to live life to the fullest.

Fruttel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 May 2015, 3:48 am

cathylynn wrote:
hi. welcome. i'm almost 59 and female. i have an affectionate cat. your english is pretty good. thought you might want to know that the idiom is "bull in a china shop". what are some of your other interests? i like singing in the local chorus and cooking healthy meals for my husband and me.

Thank you Cathylynn, much appreciated, and thank you for helping me out with my English, it's even more appreciated ... I love to learn.

As for some of my interests: I love music, preferably oldies from the 60s and 70s, and much of the Beatles and Queen. (I've only once sang in a choir, but I lóve singing along with my favorite songs ... not sure if my neighbours are happy with that. ;) Tho I dó try to sing very softly)

I don't do sports myself, but I absolutely love watching it on TV, specifically professional cycling (Giro has started Saturday, yay), tennis, speed- and figureskating.

I admire anyone who can cook!!

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 4:15 am

Hi, welcome to Wrong Planet! :) I'm going through diagnosis myself at the moment, and I'm 57. So you've come to the right planet ... People here are very friendly, I'm sure you'll get lots of support and advice. BTW, I'm a translator and your English seems very good to me.

Taylor1002
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 8:33 pm

Fruttel wrote:
Taylor1002 wrote:

Thank you Taylor, I'm glad I found an apparently good site on ASS. (I'm sorry, I still don't know hów to name this, so I just include the whole spectrum for now. ;) )

I'm happy that you like it here, and I don't mind if you write about the whole spectrum :)

Fruttel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 May 2015, 12:23 pm

Hyperborean wrote:
Hi, welcome to Wrong Planet! :) I'm going through diagnosis myself at the moment, and I'm 57. So you've come to the right planet ... People here are very friendly, I'm sure you'll get lots of support and advice. BTW, I'm a translator and your English seems very good to me.

Thank you for the welcome Hyperborean, and my apollogies for this belated reply. (some reasons for that: my birthday has come and gone, thank gawd ;) , thén I couldn't get IN the Wrong Planet, and thén some things went quite different then I expected them too ... just a few things, of which I hope you can relate to at least one. :) )

I hope your diagnosis came through by now?

Thank you so much for reassuring me as far as support and advice goes, I só hoped that was what would happen, since the whole ASS-thingie is still total gibberish to me.

Thank you for your compliment regarding my English. :oops:
English has been my favorite language as long as I can remember ... I dó understand quite a few words, yet my grammar often is far below standards. (any help in case I really go overboard regarding my grammar would be greatly appreciated)

Fruttel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 May 2015, 12:26 pm

Taylor1002 wrote:
Fruttel wrote:
Taylor1002 wrote:

I'm happy that you like it here, and I don't mind if you write about the whole spectrum :)

Ha,ha,ha,ha Taylor .... you'd better be very glad I cán't write about the whole spectrum. (you may have noticed I'm pretty long-winded in my posts. ;) )