Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

aidysmum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jan 2010, 2:19 am

Hi
I'm new to posting on this site (though I've looked at it a few times). In fact I'm pretty new to posting on forums of any kind. I'm a NT mother of a gorgeous 3 year old ASD boy and I also have a 1 year old girl (she's NT I think). My son has just been diagnosed, so I've been cruising the web (when I get a chance) to try and get information. There is some pretty gloomy stuff out there!! but this site seems so positive! I like it.

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Jan 2010, 2:39 am

Welcome! There are a few different types of aspie message boards out there. Wrongplanet is the biggest and is definitely a very supportive community. You'll rarely see too much negativity here. (except in the PPR area perhaps, lol.)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 2:46 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 3:31 am

Hello! Don't listen to the gloom.. Lots of people seem to have this way of thinking where anything that makes people different must be some horrible affliction that must be eradicated. 8O You know your kids, so don't let all the negativity you hear from other people make you think that this is worse than it is.. It looks like a lot of parents do that. The important thing is that you understand that your child has this condition, so you can give him whatever help and understanding he needs throughout life, school, etc. there's nothing stopping him from turning out to be a great person, he's just going to be different in some ways :D

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Jan 2010, 6:57 am

To WrongPlanet! !!Image

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 11:41 am

The Parent's Forum is particularly good, we have some very wise posters over there.

I'm glad to see that this site is sounding positive :) :) :). There is the occasional burst of negativity, but that's certainly not in the majority here. Our moderators work pretty hard in this community; looks like it shows.

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 12:16 pm

Welcome indeed to WrongPlanet, aidysmom!

And Happy New Year 2010, too.

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 4:54 pm

Hello aidysmum, welcome to Wrong Planet!

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 9:57 pm

Hey. I hope you are encouraged here. I don't know where on the spectrum your son is, but he can have a great life. I remember trying to encourage a great niece of mine who was worried about her daughter with mild AS. Drawing on my own history, I told her that she was the one kid she had who would believe everything she said. I avoided much trouble in life simply by believing my mother. I had other troubles, but there is no life without some trouble.

aidysmum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jan 2010, 8:36 am

Can I ask a basic question? When People write "AS" does that stand for "Autism Spectrum" or "Asperger's syndrome"?

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 8:43 am

aidysmum wrote:
Can I ask a basic question? When People write "AS" does that stand for "Autism Spectrum" or "Asperger's syndrome"?

Asperger's Syndrome, and I believe ASD is Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Welcome!

metalrockpwnmusic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jan 2010, 1:22 pm

Hello, i'm new to this site. So i've just made a couple of posts in some of the forums. I have heard great things about this website so if I'm having a good day or a bad day, I can just post stuff on here. The great thing about this forum is there's so many friendly people :D :D and I love friendly people. I look forward to posting more in the future and I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome like almost 2 years ago, but i'm embrassing it 'cuz i'm happy to be different than other people, also might I add that most forums are very douchey 'cuz of constant arguments and whatnot, but this website and forum is very very mature and very nice. Cheers and I look forward to yacking with most of you.

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 3:38 pm

metalrockpwnmusic wrote:
Hello, i'm new to this site. So i've just made a couple of posts in some of the forums. I have heard great things about this website so if I'm having a good day or a bad day, I can just post stuff on here. The great thing about this forum is there's so many friendly people :D :D and I love friendly people. I look forward to posting more in the future and I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome like almost 2 years ago, but i'm embrassing it 'cuz i'm happy to be different than other people, also might I add that most forums are very douchey 'cuz of constant arguments and whatnot, but this website and forum is very very mature and very nice. Cheers and I look forward to yacking with most of you.
Hello metalrockpwnmusic, welcome, enjoy your stay!

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 8:35 pm

aidysmum wrote:
Hi
I'm new to posting on this site (though I've looked at it a few times). In fact I'm pretty new to posting on forums of any kind. I'm a NT mother of a gorgeous 3 year old ASD boy and I also have a 1 year old girl (she's NT I think). My son has just been diagnosed, so I've been cruising the web (when I get a chance) to try and get information. There is some pretty gloomy stuff out there!! but this site seems so positive! I like it.

I'm glad you already liking this site :D you have made a good decision to join this site because you get to experience what its like from an ASD point of view and how they see it and also some of us can give you the answer.

Welcome to Wrongplanet :D

Enjoy this site and happy posting :)

Your fellow member and (not) so funny guy.... :D
superboyian.

weeksend
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2010, 9:03 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran