Page 560 of 789 [ 12622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 557, 558, 559, 560, 561, 562, 563 ... 789  Next

Melangey
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Feb 2015, 11:26 pm

You know that's why we are all here -- here, being WP. "Wrong planet syndrome," is what EVERY autistic experiences.

Not trying to downplay anyone's views. This is what autistic scholars have written.

I've always been more comfortable in the sky. If I ever meet any of you, we will grab a plane and escape the ground for a while. ;) it's as close as I've ever gotten to feeling home.

ImAnAsie - I love Spock too. I started with SNG tho and felt like Data in many situations. My best (and only) friend even called me b-bot growing up, a take on my "human" name. Both Spock and Data are heroes in the Autistic community from what I've seen.

So, don't be too ready to leave. Or at least, don't feel alone. You've got company on WP.

Melangey

07 Feb 2015, 11:32 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
I wish I was anime'd, too.

Hi there! Cool pic. What were you filming?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 11:38 pm

brent spiner ["data" et al] used to be a song and dance man, and he recorded in the 1990s, a novelty record entitled "ol' yellow eyes is back" fearing "the sunspots" [the rest of the male TNG cast] as a backing quartet.

Melangey

08 Feb 2015, 12:11 am

auntblabby wrote:
brent spiner ["data" et al] used to be a song and dance man, and he recorded in the 1990s, a novelty record entitled "ol' yellow eyes is back" fearing "the sunspots" [the rest of the male TNG cast] as a backing quartet.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Oh yes, he's super talented.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 9:58 am

Melangey wrote:
Hi there! Cool pic. What were you filming?

Thanks!

It was for news reporters' interviews after the Salt Lake County Council voted unanimously in 2012 to present a joint mayor-council resolution to me. The resolution was for writing the county's first nondiscrimination ordinance (the state's first such law) 20 years earlier.

I would have chosen a newer image, but, it turns out, I don't have a newer image. :o I look the same, though.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 10:12 am

auntblabby wrote:

I like his talent. His tantrum a few years ago over private individuals owning firearms, though, didn't help his career. I didn't originally like being compared to him, but hey, it was better than being compared to Santa Claus:

It seems, though, that he has been spying on me :wink: and mimicking my appearance ever since:

Hehe.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 4:59 pm

No recent photos because my acne is acting up.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 5:35 pm

Melangey wrote:
You know that's why we are all here -- here, being WP. "Wrong planet syndrome," is what EVERY autistic experiences.

Yep! that's how I discovered this wonderful Website in the first place. Searching for why I've always felt like I'm living on the wrong planet. My first recollection was at about the age of 6. I remember standing at the back door, looking up at the night sky and thinking, "Why have you left me here?" but I've always been different. My sister used to always call me "the alien".

I've been stimming since before that. I remember being a little kid < 6 and stimming in bed. I just knew it was enjoyable. I also knew it was a bit weird and I had the intelligence even back then to know I had to hide it. Later on, we got an electronic organ and I accidentally discovered the joy of harmonics. I'd sit there for ages pressing these three keys and it was wonderful. I also knew that was weird but I think I just gave up on worrying what people (family) thought. I just wanted to do what I wanted to do! And I did it. That kind of shaped my life. I've always danced to the beat of my own drum. But I digress, as usual!

Melangey wrote:
I've always been more comfortable in the sky. If I ever meet any of you, we will grab a plane and escape the ground for a while. ;) it's as close as I've ever gotten to feeling home.

Oh, airplanes! I didn't know what we were talking about for a moment

Melangey wrote:
ImAnAsie - I love Spock too. I started with SNG tho and felt like Data in many situations. My best (and only) friend even called me b-bot growing up, a take on my "human" name. Both Spock and Data are heroes in the Autistic community from what I've seen.

So, don't be too ready to leave. Or at least, don't feel alone. You've got company on WP.

That's so nice. Lately, I have met some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. In times of trouble, those who care, surface - and I thank you for surfacing - caring :)

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 6:58 pm

Melangey wrote:

Don't forget about Seven Of Nine.
She was assimilated as a young child and then separated from the hive as an adult.

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2015, 7:10 pm

I'm wearing red for Congenital Heart Awareness week

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 7:50 pm

2cat007 wrote:

You are adorable

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2015, 8:01 pm

Feralucce wrote:
2cat007 wrote:

You are adorable

Thank you! :D

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 8:35 pm

yes..she is. :jester:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 8:42 pm

2cat007 wrote:

That is a fun image!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 9:42 pm

is that cat litter? what brand? :chin:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 4:56 am

2cat007 wrote:

Oh, I miss Steam! :(

I used to LOVE Day Of Defeat!

I'm living at my Mum's place at the moment (all by myself :) ) and her Internet speed is H O P E L E S S ! ! !

I always played a British sniper :) LOL

:(

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.