Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

sansa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Aug 2012, 12:29 pm

I have long suspected I have AS. I usually only think about it when a loved one becomes frustrated and hurt by my inability to connect with them on an emotional level they expect and/or need from me. My husband told me the other day in his frustrated state that "you will end up alone one day, and the sad part about that is that you will be happy". That statement really struck me because after all this time he is truly starting to understand me. I have mentioned my suspicions about AS a few times throughout our marriage and has vehemently refused to entertain the idea that I may be, in his words, "mentally challenged".

Anyway, don't mean to ramble. I really enjoy reading everything on this site. It feels like home, if that makes any sense.

Cheers!

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 12:31 pm

Are you related to the Stark family, or is it another Sansa? :D

again_with_this
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 12:45 pm

Do you feel your marriage is breaking apart, and do you care?

Unless your husband has someone else lined up, he probably won't leave you. It sounds to me like he's more afraid of being alone than you are.

sansa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Aug 2012, 1:33 pm

Shatbat - no, not related to the Stark's, that I know of :P

Again_with_This - No, I don't think our marriage is breaking up. We go through these cycles every once in awhile. We are going through some really hard changes in our lives at the moment, and the differences in our emotional needs are just mucking up our abilities to overcome them. He needs alot of emotional support and attention, and I need solitary time. When I take into consideration his NT needs vs. my AS needs, it helps me be more rational and understanding when we are working these things out.

glasstoria
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Aug 2012, 7:58 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Stuntnuts
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Aug 2012, 8:36 pm

Welcome!!

CockneyRebel
Veteran